Notices

Hondata s200 nitrous control questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata s200 nitrous control questions

Ok, im a total nitrous noob and i have some questions about hondata's s200 nitrous control, Does it turn a dry kit into a wet? on hondata's website it says it controls the injectors to add proper fuel? Also on there website it talks about using a A/C switch to arm the system, so would it be like pushing the A/C button to arm the system? if so thats pretty cool, and how you actually use the nitrous, do you still use a push botton setup, of does hondata you a throttle switch for when the motor reaches the right RPM's set in hondata, making it a true power adder
Old 03-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata s200 nitrous control questions (DavilleKy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DavilleKy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, im a total nitrous noob and i have some questions about hondata's s200 nitrous control, Does it turn a dry kit into a wet? on hondata's website it says it controls the injectors to add proper fuel? Also on there website it talks about using a A/C switch to arm the system, so would it be like pushing the A/C button to arm the system? if so thats pretty cool, and how you actually use the nitrous, do you still use a push botton setup, of does hondata you a throttle switch for when the motor reaches the right RPM's set in hondata, making it a true power adder </TD></TR></TABLE>

the hondata controls when the selenoids firing, you have a arm switch you arm to it. then you set criteria of X rpm, X trottle position, X map setting and hten once you hit that criteria, the hondata grounds the selenoids and it fires. the hondata can remove timing and add fuel. i've tuned a car with it and it was pretty fun. I'm going to be running my wet system off of hondata as well.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Hondata s200 nitrous control questions (seen4ever)

Hondata nitrous controls work great. One thing they don't tell you in any info is if you use the a/c switch to arm the system you need to have your a/c system charged (full of freon). Or you need to trick the a/c pressure switch into thinking that the system is charged otherwise it won't send the signal out of the ecu that would normally ground the compressor....
cliff notes- don't use the a/c switch to arm the system...PITA. I just ran a seperate toggle/ground.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata s200 nitrous control questions (GITWIDIT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GITWIDIT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hondata nitrous controls work great. One thing they don't tell you in any info is if you use the a/c switch to arm the system you need to have your a/c system charged (full of freon). Or you need to trick the a/c pressure switch into thinking that the system is charged otherwise it won't send the signal out of the ecu that would normally ground the compressor....
cliff notes- don't use the a/c switch to arm the system...PITA. I just ran a seperate toggle/ground.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont have A/C, this is in a CRX converted to obd1, JDM D15b
Old 03-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Hondata s200 nitrous control questions (DavilleKy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DavilleKy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i dont have A/C, this is in a CRX converted to obd1, JDM D15b</TD></TR></TABLE>
you prolly gonna have to pin your ecu and run wires then..no biggie. Just use a toggle to send a ground to arm the system.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Hondata s200 nitrous control questions (GITWIDIT)

so does it make a dry set up like a wet set up? allowing you to run say a 300 dry shot safely (hypothetical)