Notices

How would my gsr take boost??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How would my gsr take boost??

well i just got in my motor and was planning on bosting, not alot but maybe 8 punds or something. was wondering if it would be okay for me to do so, or is it not a good idea.

another question is what tranny would be better for me to use with this, a b16 or Gsr tranny!!!

thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 06-21-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: How would my gsr take boost?? (Uniquerootz)

You will be fine, stick to the gsr tranny,

and the famous legendary qoute....

"Get it tuned properly"
Old 06-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

search a little bit, but you will be fine. Make sure your engine is healthy and make sure you get it TUNED. I like the gsr tranny for boost, but you will probably get different opinions. Good luck man
Old 06-21-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: How would my gsr take boost?? (iBrandon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iBrandon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You will be fine, stick to the gsr tranny,

and the famous legendary qoute....

"Get it tuned properly" </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by c1civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">search a little bit, but you will be fine. Make sure your engine is healthy and make sure you get it TUNED. I like the gsr tranny for boost, but you will probably get different opinions. Good luck man</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks guys, i kinda tought the gsr would be better!!!

so would 8 to 10 pounds be okay???

im actually adding a different intake manifold and throthle body because that manifold is ugly plus it sits a bit lower in the back and i dont think my piping will sit right!!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

worry more about the power than psi, depending on the turbo, at 10psi you could have 220 whp or 320 whp. Also if you want to stick with the stock I/m, you can get piping to fit, just get a kit made for a gsr.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How would my gsr take boost?? (Uniquerootz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Uniquerootz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i just got in my motor and was planning on bosting, not alot but maybe 8 punds or something. was wondering if it would be okay for me to do so, or is it not a good idea.

another question is what tranny would be better for me to use with this, a b16 or Gsr tranny!!!

thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

check compression, how many miles on your motor?? you'll need to do regular maintanance a bit more often esp. ignition components to stay in top shape. either way, don't even try to go boosted unless you have money to rebuild, turbo motors don't last long time in most cases. if you happened to make 220-240whp at 8psi, then you might extend the milage..