Notices

how should i do this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how should i do this?

i have a d15b7 in a clean eg6 bone stock vergin civic. i wanna keep the b7 in, no matter what cuz im low on cash and its freashly referbished plus i only have one car and i cant afford to miss work due to all the **** i didnt think about when im doing a swap. my lazy *** aint walkin.. but i want to turbo it junk yard style what kinda things should i buy and also i have the long geared cx tranny could i hold boost longer with that or should i get another tranny from an si or something like that? im gonna need a better intake mani and throttle body. i was thinking about a little side mount intercooler from an eclipse and an hf exhaust mani. pvc for the piping lol. if anyone could offer some tips or tricks i welcome your suggestions. thank you.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: how should i do this? (MeGotRoundEye)

research... and you do know that you'll most likely lose ps and a/c with that manifold. what kind of power are you looking to make?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how should i do this? (94c1v1cex)

i dont have ps cuz its a cx and ac i would like to keep but not a big deal. im not looking to get an *** load of power or anything i just want a fun driver/sleeper toy. ill do a swap some time way off in the future. but anyway i know you cant get much out of a d motor i was thinkin around 150whp and close to that for the tq. so what do you think im looking at money and parts wise? i have looked some stuff up but i dont think anyone has ever turboed a d15b7 lol waste of money right? i dont care i want to do it anyway.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:03 AM

if you plan on keeping your dd reliable... dont turbo it, especially doing it the ghetto way. as youll find out **** will start falling apart, breaking, etc. and youll be walking your lazy *** sooner than u know it. get another beater first, then play... u gotta pay to play.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

by the way your car is clean as hell i like it.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you make a good point i do have another car but its over heating if i dont sell it ill fix it. its a 1980 supra celica with a great body lol. but even for the future i would like to know what i should do so i can start rounding up the parts. and if i blow up a d-serious its not the end of the world there pretty cheap.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

forget the turbo for now, u can pick up a z6 swap from 300 to 600, it will feel like a new car and still be a good daily. later on u want some more power u have a better platform to work with.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (big22)

is there a place online that sell the z6 that cheap cuz i got fucked once before buying someone elses crapped out motor.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: (MeGotRoundEye)

might as well go ls. its the cheapest bang for the buck really. take some time to look in the for sale ads here in your area. im sure theres someone selling a ls block that u can build on the side. i would suggest building one from the bottom up for a turbo build. its just a better piece of mind imo. by the time u finish the build, you know everything about your engine basically. maybe not the actual name, but by looks and experience.

fix that supra celica up and use it as a backup. youll need it when you have a turbo car man. those are old schooool lol, tighttttt!
Old 07-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bnut510)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bnut510 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">might as well go ls. its the cheapest bang for the buck really. take some time to look in the for sale ads here in your area. im sure theres someone selling a ls block that u can build on the side. i would suggest building one from the bottom up for a turbo build. its just a better piece of mind imo. by the time u finish the build, you know everything about your engine basically. maybe not the actual name, but by looks and experience.

fix that supra celica up and use it as a backup. youll need it when you have a turbo car man. those are old schooool lol, tighttttt! </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks man lot of people have said that to me. i have never built a motor though its scary what if i expletive it up and waste money? i think i should learn on a d first. what do you think?
Old 07-20-2007, 12:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MeGotRoundEye &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thanks man lot of people have said that to me. i have never built a motor though its scary what if i expletive it up and waste money? i think i should learn on a d first. what do you think?</TD></TR></TABLE>

im just finishing up my first actual build from the ground up. i learned alot on the way to finishing up the project. if u can build a d, u can build a b... same concept. for the most... its not that hard once u put your hands on it imo. ls would be your best bet for a budget build. and instead of ghettoing your pieces together, buy a used setup. tune with free software and youll be good to go.

once u have your budget build finished, drop that dseries out and swap in the turbo motor.. and use the d series as a backup if anything.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bnut510)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bnut510 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

im just finishing up my first actual build from the ground up. i learned alot on the way to finishing up the project. if u can build a d, u can build a b... same concept. for the most... its not that hard once u put your hands on it imo. ls would be your best bet for a budget build. and instead of ghettoing your pieces together, buy a used setup. tune with free software and youll be good to go.

once u have your budget build finished, drop that dseries out and swap in the turbo motor.. and use the d series as a backup if anything.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks man you have been more then helpful.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ls dude, i told ya were puttin all d-series stuff in the bottom of the lake. Im keepin my eyes open for you. The ls will be way more reliable than the b7 you want to boost and make probably the same amount of power with some bolt ons for the same price.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:42 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MeGotRoundEye &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a d15b7 in a clean eg6 bone stock vergin civic. i wanna keep the b7 in, no matter what cuz im low on cash and its freashly referbished plus i only have one car and i cant afford to miss work due to all the **** i didnt think about when im doing a swap. my lazy *** aint walkin.. but i want to turbo it junk yard style what kinda things should i buy and also i have the long geared cx tranny could i hold boost longer with that or should i get another tranny from an si or something like that? im gonna need a better intake mani and throttle body. i was thinking about a little side mount intercooler from an eclipse and an hf exhaust mani. pvc for the piping lol. if anyone could offer some tips or tricks i welcome your suggestions. thank you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you do one of those you will be doin the other LMAO
Old 08-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how should i do this? (agrn93ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by agrn93ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if you do one of those you will be doin the other LMAO</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol