Notices

How "Plug-n-Play" is Greddy's E-Manage???

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How "Plug-n-Play" is Greddy's E-Manage???

I'm boosting my B7 just for the hell of it while I build a boost monster Z6 in my garage this summer. I was initially going to go with the Greddy Blue Box for my B7 setup, but a guy offered me a decent price on a E-Manage. After thinking about it, the E-Manage seems like the wiser choice since I'm going to need extensive tuning capabilities when I put the other high boost motor in at the end of the summer, so it would be better to go ahead and get adequate management now, rather than have to upgrade later. However, since I'm just boosting the B7 for fun, I'm not really looking to spend a whole lot of time tuning it... I just want to plug something in and go, like with the blue box, or an FMU for instance. I guess my question is can the E-manage be used like the blue box (plug and play) with the option of tuning, or is it a necessity that's going to take a lot of time to set up and tune?

Also, I am already aware that Uberdata, Hondata, and every other management system is 53,482,450,083,125 times better and the E-manage sytem is the devil and I'm instantly going straight to hell for using it, so the "You're a stupid idiot. Go with Hondata. " posts won't be necessary.

And I did search on this. I found a hundred threads about the E-manage system, but none of them answered this particular question.

Thanks in advance for info on this.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How "Plug-n-Play" is Greddy's E-Manage??? (I am Jack's Username)

You'll need the support tool, ignition harness and injector harness to fully unlock the capabilities of the emanage. If you're definition of plug and play is like connecting a controller on your PS2 then you're wrong, you'll need to tap wires on the factory ECU harness. There's extension harnesses made by boomslang if you don't want to splice any OE wires.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How "Plug-n-Play" is Greddy's E-Manage??? (BrokeAssPinoy)

I know that the harness has to be spliced in... what I'm asking is once it's spliced in will it just do it's job, like the blue box does? Or am I going to have to do other crap to it. I eventually want to get the upgrades for the system, but for now I just want a very easy, basic system to keep my engine from blowing, that's all I want out of it for now.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How "Plug-n-Play" is Greddy's E-Manage??? (I am Jack's Username)

Yes it will do its job, a lot better than the blue box
Old 05-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How "Plug-n-Play" is Greddy's E-Manage??? (BrokeAssPinoy)

Cool. That's what I needed to know. If any others have any input, feel free to chime in.