Notices

hondata related troubles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hondata related troubles?

I'm currently working with a sohc D16z6, JRSC 11 lbs, built bottom, Hondata 2b, etc, etc... When I first switched to Hondata was very pleased with my base map
Tom Payn burnt me. Pulled great through all gears, all rpm's, part and full throttle. After setting up dataloging noticed that intake temp was reading 5 degrees all the time. With the old jackson setup utilizing fmu there was a cold start relay and boost switch, when manifold hit positive pressure would send a signal to ecu to dump fuel. Relay setup was unplugged from boost switch after hondata install wich left it open or closed whole time reading 5 degrees constant.
Tore the whole mess out and now intake temp functioning properly, but car has aquired hesitation. At part throttle right before boost autometer air fuel goes extremely lean and car hesitates bbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddd. let off the throttle just a hair and everythings normal again, a/f gauge fluctuates as normal.
Datalogged the hesitation and when it does this I am getting no voltage from o2 sensor. Once again, let off throttle and sensor acts normal, this is around 20% throttle. Step on gas, put car in boost and continues to hesitate 3-4 secs., then goes normal. Car runs great wide open, Help!!!!!
sorry so long, wanted to get all particulars in, thanks guys!
Old 03-03-2003, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata related troubles? (g2turbo)

If the car has been tuned with the relay in place, then removing the relay will mean you will run lean and your O2 will read zero volts under boost.

Do not run the car like this. Call Payn and arrange for a retune. Until then put the relay back.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata related troubles? (Hondata)

car was never tuned by tom or tuned with relay in place, running strictly off base map that tom provided me with. Any other ideas?
Old 03-03-2003, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: hondata related troubles? (g2turbo)

Get it properly tuned ASAP. Base maps are not menat to be driven long term on, they are somethign to get started with for tuning.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata related troubles? (Spunkster)

Spunkster:
No one around here tunes hondata that I know of. Noticed you are quite familiar with jrsc. Do you think leaving that cold advance relay plugged in originally was giving me enough fuel at certain rpm/load that I didn't feel hesitation? Going to hook it back up possibly 2nite to see if it feels normal again. Any suggestions on how or where to get this thing tuned? Just wondering, what kinda air intake temps do you see at WOT?