Notices

hey new to boosted hondas can i get some help???

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey new to boosted hondas can i get some help???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey my name is joe and i own a DSM at the moment but a possible trade has come into my future and im wondering what type of setup this is and whether or not its any good/ what i could do to improve upon it

its a 1990 hatch with a d16y8 motor with 65K on it

has full exhaust ,aem cam and cam gear,bigger clutch/lightend flywheel,unorthodox underdrive pulley,and a few exterior goodies

it also has a turbo setup hes running small saab piping (rubber ****) to a dsm sidemount then to a small im assuming dsm turbo he said 14b but im not sure havent taken a close look

for fuel management ...if its doing anything at all hes running Vafc

also has boost guage and all that jazz runs what seems to be really nice and holds 6 pounds solid seems to be running a bit rich and in not too sure on the injector size im gonna take a buddy of mine down who has a turbo d16 to take a look see

any thing i need to look for before i go through with this and if i do go through with it what should i replace/ improve upon to make it first more relaible and second quicker

any one have pros/cons of this set up any help is appreciated thanks

sorry if this made no sense but hopfully i can get some help

thanks again

joe
Old 07-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hey new to boosted hondas can i get some help??? (illestrolla247)

He is hopefully running the afc hack DSM injectors with AFC controlling them, it works alright when done properly, but often isn't. So that would be a good place to start upgrading, something like hondata engine management would be good. I would do compression test for sure and a leak down test if your worried. The intercooler doesn't sound to nice, but yeah. The compression test would be a must.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hey new to boosted hondas can i get some help??? (illestrolla247)

Check the maintanence on the car...Check for secure oil lines, fuel lines, clamps, wires...

Upgrade the Fuel Management with something like Hondata, you'll have to convert to OBD1 if its not done already...

Don't just scrap the setup, build on it and learn what you can from this board...