i was thinking this setup=

-t25
-custum manifold?
-eclipse sidemount with custum piping
-dsm bov or cheap bosch etc
-injectors?
-all the lines etc im not sure about

help me?

i have a b&m fpr and i hav an air/fuel gauge but its an autometer which is more of a lightshow i hear(its uninstalled)
Old 12-01-2003, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill try my best....

turbo you can do a T3 .48/.60, t25, or a 14b. all easy to find and should be cheap

Manifold will probably be your most challenging task. if you know a welder you can make a tube mani for around 50-70 which would be the flanges and the piping...otherwise i dont know exactly what you could do

There are plenty of small FMICs at the junkyard. SMIC, probe ic...the list is pretty much endless. you should be able to grab any of those for $20-50.

Piping, i suggest going to a meinkie or some place like that and asking if you can check out some of the piping they are going to throw out...or sometimes junkyards have a nice collection of piping

DSM 1g BOV would be your best bet

Injectors...im almost tempted you can stay stock depending on your boost level....i would suggest 450cc out of a DSM w/ a resistor box i guess?

Fuel management....probably an FMU or maybe you can swing chipping your ECU...

Its possible to run a $500 or less turbo setup....i think to make it work well you have to have a good amount of knowledge...for example i wouldnt be able to do it..i just wanted to give you some suggestions
Old 12-02-2003, 12:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bigwig)

You only need to spend $35 right now. Buy Maximum Boost by Corky Bell.

You've got too many conflicting questions and not a very firm grasp of what is going on right now. Put off plans to buy anything else a whole month and read the above book. Smurf over http://www.homemadeturbo.com for cheap successful setups, and peek into the (recently locked and now archived) Uberdata thread, which is just a search away.

Old 12-02-2003, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (J. Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You only need to spend $35 right now. Buy Maximum Boost by Corky Bell.

You've got too many conflicting questions and not a very firm grasp of what is going on right now. Put off plans to buy anything else a whole month and read the above book. Smurf over http://www.homemadeturbo.com for cheap successful setups, and peek into the (recently locked and now archived) Uberdata thread, which is just a search away.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is a very good suggestion. I got this book for christmas last year from my G/F, i have read it 2 times and honestly I still read it. ITs full of great theory on turbocharging. Any custom turbo kit should start here, with this book.

Rob