Notices

Help us build this super quick, pleaseeeeeee!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help us build this super quick, pleaseeeeeee!!!

Ok a friend of mine has a 98 hatchback with a ls/vtec in it and he wants to go turbo. Im gonna be in charge of the build but the car will be taken to a tuner once we finish putting it together.
Here r a few pictures of the engine:

have to take care of any problems with the engine now, prior to turbo charging it, Being that it is my first LS/Vtec, Any ideas on this leak?

Now this will be my first time dealing with this engine but this is the way this build is gonna go, first of all the engine will remain stock (for now) all we doing is installing a turbo set up on it then we will take the car to a tunner.

Now we that said, our goal is to build the turbo set up for the goal that we want but knowing that we can only run low boost since the internal of the engine will remain stock.
Here is where I need you guys help, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
We are gonna be ordering everything that we need for this set up and would like to order stuff right the first time, NOW, rather than upgrading later.
So the list goes like this:

THE KEY OF THIS PROJECT IS, To buy just what we need right the first time, in the process save some money so that we can use it on the stuff that really matters

(1) Injectors (bigger the better, what will be a good the best choice? Keep in mind that the car, WILL BE TUNE after the set up is intstall, 1000cc are this good or should we order them bigger?
(2) Turbocharge??? we would like to order the biggest turbo for this set up now (a turbo that is good for now and also a turbo that we can keep after we build the engine (future). We would like it to have the flange in the rear that you can connect the downpipe with a C clamp insted of bolts also we would like the turbo to have the fitting for the gate. For the downpipe probably 3" at least.
Theres probably a lot of combinations out there so please let us know what they are so we can decide.

(3) Turbo Manifold??? well the a/c is already gone, pretty much we have the space. All we have to decide cast iron/tubing manifold? position of the turbo (up, down ect.....)

(4) Intercooler??? biggest that we can fit on this chassis, 98 hatchback. size of the piping? ect.......

(5) Wastegate/BOV, ok guys in my d16z6 set up im using wastegate 38 and the bov 50. being that this is a bigger engine that breaths better so we keep that size of gate/bov or should we order the upgrade version, if this are ok that is good, so we can save some money.

(6) ignition?? is the one from factory ok for now? if it is, we would leave it like that, we rather use the money for something else.

Like I mention before, I have a turbo d16z6 is there anything different turbo set up wise in comparison with a ls/vtec engine?

other stuff to know/be aware as well so that we can order now IF IS NEED IT.

Oil lines (is there anything different with the oil lines?) Map sensor, fuel pump ect.....

This guy wants to start ordering as of yesterday, we just want to make sure that everything that we order is RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

Thanks a million guys and please help us out here so we can get start it right away!!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help us build this super quick, pleaseeeeeee!!!

maddd replys
Old 01-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

(1) Injectors- Bosch 1000cc from tony1
(2) Turbocharger- depends on your power goals
(3) Turbo Manifold- either a ramhorn or a topmount from a good company such as Peakboost, Full Race
(4) Intercooler- Measure in the front bumper area and see what you can fit
(5) Wastegate/BOV- 38mm wastegate and the 50mm bov should be fine but those tial wastegates look damn sexy with the v-band clamps
(6) ignition- factory should be fine

I just did a super super quick list for you but next time search
Old 01-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

as far as the oil leak in that area , on all my past motors it has either been the cam seal , VC gasket or the Dizzy O-Ring
Old 01-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Read the FAQ...your questions are very basic and have been covered several times before
Old 01-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pm tony1 and order everything from him directly. he will point you in the right direction
Old 01-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cam seal leak or a vc leak, clean the motor then you can see where its coming from better. if you are in charge of this build and you have questions like this, i'm not sure this car is gonna last very long.