Notices

Help need instructions for gsr jrsc instal!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 274 Likes on 262 Posts
Default Help need instructions for gsr jrsc instal!!

Hello im trying to install my jrsc on my 98'' gsr, i have the info from the c-speedracing.com but im confused on how the belts are installed, also on the bottom of the blower theres a hole i dont know what goes in or if its suposed to be closed off? and also where do the vacume lines go to. and i have a aebs 68mm tb and its the itr style anyone know how i can make it work, any help will be great thanks.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help need instructions for gsr jrsc instal!!

if it was new it should have come with instructions, you can download new instructions in pdf from supercharger.com
Old 03-11-2009, 02:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks but i cant seem to find it! also theres two nipples on the top of the manifold side by side do i plug them off or where do they go? is there any jrsc gsr guys that can help me out.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
thanks but i cant seem to find it! also theres two nipples on the top of the manifold side by side do i plug them off or where do they go? is there any jrsc gsr guys that can help me out.
bump for help i dont want to pay some duech bags $1,000+ for instalation!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

O.k i searched but could find nothing, im confused to what to do with these parts.

first off what do i do with these two nipples? block them off?

second what do i do with the nipple on the left with the rubber tip? on other pics its a acorn shape sensor!

third on the bottom of the blower theres a hole and it looks like it was threaded in and the head or nozzle broke off what goes there?

fourth what do i do with this nipple right on top where the throtle body goes?

finally i need to locate where the bypass valve is, is this where it is theres a small lever!, i need to keep the bypass vale open so it wont boost so i can drive safely to get it tuned says my tuner becouse it has high comp.

Any help will be great thanks to anybody who will help me out.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump someone please help me.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.supercharger.com/graphics...ns/989-600.pdf

^^^^^^ ?

Also, do you have all the parts ? brackets ? pulleys ? FPR plate ?
I'll def check back, and take pictures of mine once I get it tonight, or tomorrow so you can use it as reference.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks man yea i think i have everything exept the belts and i cant download the instructions of supercharger.com!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well the bypass is whats pictured in the last picture and the lever you want to keep open is attached to the triangular sharp corner on the bottom of that pic with the small black plug in it
Old 03-13-2009, 03:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdm_integsr
http://www.supercharger.com/graphics...ns/989-600.pdf

^^^^^^ ?

Also, do you have all the parts ? brackets ? pulleys ? FPR plate ?
I'll def check back, and take pictures of mine once I get it tonight, or tomorrow so you can use it as reference.
is yours installed on the car? does anyone know if i need the supercharger support
bracket (the flat strap bracket) mine was not included.. heres the link its all i got http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show...highlight=jrsc
as of now i know its missing the alterator pulley,supercharger support bracket, alternator suport bracket, idler-2'' part number 051-627 instead of that he put a timing belt tentioner pulley!! and a hose nipple on the bottom of the blower was broken off does any one what part # it is? please someone helpme out to order the parts i need to complete it this sucks i asked him countless times if it was complete and i didnt want to run around for little things, he claimed all it was missing was the belts.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 03-13-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:29 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

AH..there's the rub. It wasn't new, it was USED! This means there are all KINDS of little parts needed. Now its time to call Jackson or a supplier.. I don't think you're going to get much help here, because many of the parts have specific numbers, and there just aren't as many JRSC runners as there used to be.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is yours installed on the car? does anyone know if i need the supercharger support
bracket (the flat strap bracket) mine was not included.. heres the link its all i got http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show...highlight=jrsc
and he says it was complete B.S egwhore!! as of now i know its missing the alterator pulley,supercharger support bracket, alternator suport bracket, idler-2'' part number 051-627 instead of that he put a timing belt tentioner pulley!! and a hose nipple on the bottom of the blower was broken off does any one what part # it is? please someone helpme out to order the parts i need to complete it this sucks i asked him countless ****ing time if it was complete and i didnt want to run around for little things this *******!! im so fn pissed at this texen asswipe that got $1,100 from me for this half *** kit he claimed allit was missing was the belts.
dude look on e-bay and the "what jrsc setup are you running" thread, your best bet now would be to look at pictures from other peoples kits and see whats missing from yours. also, look for the thread of a jrsc installed in an EG somewhere on the net. the guy has detailed pics of everything installed with the motor out of the car, if i find the link i'll post it.
edit: oh and yes the support bracket IS needed.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

off the top of my head in bold:

O.k i searched but could find nothing, im confused to what to do with these parts.

one goes to the fuel rail fpr, other I use for a firewall mounted map sensor (you need the map to read boost if not running an fmu, map on the tb will not read boost)

second what do i do with the nipple on the left with the rubber tip? on other pics its a acorn shape sensor!
if you're running the fmu setup from the kit, I think you need the acorn shape sensor. otherwise if you're running crome, hondata, etc, it's a free port, for a boost guage or whatever

third on the bottom of the blower theres a hole and it looks like it was threaded in and the head or nozzle broke off what goes there?
pcv valve connects to there, you would need a brass fitting w/ hose connection. it looks like the original brass fitting broke off inside there.

I think the evap purge solenoid

finally i need to locate where the bypass valve is, is this where it is theres a small lever!, i need to keep the bypass vale open so it wont boost so i can drive safely to get it tuned says my tuner becouse it has high comp.
it's the black thing in the pic. there's a metal rod sticking out of it. if you push the rod into the black thing, it opens the valve on the other end of the rod.

also, I believe the support brace was added because of manifold cracking issues, you probably need it.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you so much Brad! thats cool hey so if im running hondata s100 does that take care of using one of the two nipples on top that goes to the map sensor and what would i do with it just block it off? and is it the top or bottom one that goes to the fpr? so i just use a screw extractor and put a new brass fitting and it connects to the pcv valve, im assuming since im using the sk2 pro series intake manifold its the hose thats right in the middle above the fuel rail that connects down to my pcv and something esle is t'd off to it im not sure though, last where would find the evap urge solinoid to connect to the nipple by the throtle body?

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 03-14-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 03-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those are vacuum/boost ports, run those to your FPR, FMU, MAP sensor, and boost gauge

That's the water injection port, you can use as another vacuum/boost port or cap it off

That's for your PCV valve to connect to.

Cap it, it's just an extra vaccuum nipple.

The black canister is the bypass valve actuator. The metal shaft that comes out of it opens the bypass valve. Just move it with your fingers and zip tie it open, then drive very slowly to the tuner.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you so much Brad! thats cool hey so if im running hondata s100 does that take care of using one of the two nipples on top that goes to the map sensor and what would i do with it just block it off? and is it the top or bottom one that goes to the fpr? so i just use a screw extractor and put a new brass fitting and it connects to the pcv valve, im assuming since im using the sk2 pro series intake manifold its the hose thats right in the middle above the fuel rail that connects down to my pcv and something esle is t'd off to it im not sure though, last where would find the evap urge solinoid to connect to the nipple by the throtle body?

yes, either, I don't know I chucked mine years ago
Old 03-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks so much rmcdaniels your the man! that answered everything. now i just need to know how to put on the belts.. and also i have on my unorthadox crank pulley but have a b20 and stock gsr crank pulley as well i was thinking of using, what will my boost be with my unorthadox pulley? and will it be the same size belt as the stock one that i order or would it be a better idea to use my stock one so its i think 6psi with a 4.0 pulley on the blower? its a high comp (11:5) n.a setup its going on! or use the b20 and be boosting around 9.5 psi? last i have a aebs 68mm tb i want to still use, can i use the bracket and spring from a stock gsr tb and swap it on the aebs or is there another way i can use it because it is the itr style? last im thinking of using my comptech intake maybe with the icebox to replace the itr 3'' cai once i put on the jrsc is that a good idea? thanks alot your help is much apreciated from me!!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump, where you at rmcdaniels!! lol..
Old 03-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 03-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is da man to ask!!!!!! He knows this stuff backwards!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HYREV2NR
He is da man to ask!!!!!! He knows this stuff backwards!
For sure!, when you get a chance rmcdaniels lmk what you think, thanks bro!