Notices

Having some problems and cannot figure out why! Its begining to piss me off

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having some problems and cannot figure out why! Its begining to **** me off

Ok so I put a new cam in my car about a week ago. I needed to replace the intake manifold gasket because i thought it was leaking. At the same time I replaced the headgasket since I had a feeling it was on its last let and it made the intake mani gasket that much easier. I put it all back together and drive the car. Now the car feels pretty f'n slow. 1st and 2nd feel ok but then when i get in 3rd i noticed that the AF are in the 13's in boost! I immediatly let off and stayed out of boost. The car was tuned and had 11.9's across the board when i tuned it not even a week ago.

Anyone have any clues what is going on? Timing belt is on perfect, have checked it multiple times. I was thinking maybe the injector clips got put on in the wrong order? Since I have the DSM's is there any ways to tell which goes to which cyl?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im begining to want to burn my car. I try to fix the small things and it always ends up creating more headaches.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Having some problems and cannot figure out why! Its begining to **** me off (Civicman86)

was the headgasket stock b4?

or did you put a oem spec hg in it?
Old 07-01-2006, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, I went from a stock headgasket from a stock headgasket. Only part that was changed was a hondata intake manifold gasket instead of OEM.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Civicman86)

what do the plugs look like? should tell you if you have your injectors out of order. plus part trottle would feel like **** as well.

you ever get the engine timing to match uberdata?

have you retuned it for the bigger cam? you now hshould have lesser intake manifold temps,which would result in cooler intake temps therefore leaner conditions, you also have a cam that flows alot more on the top end, which will result in leaner conditions.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (seen4ever)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seen4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what do the plugs look like? should tell you if you have your injectors out of order. plus part trottle would feel like **** as well.

you ever get the engine timing to match uberdata?

have you retuned it for the bigger cam? you now hshould have lesser intake manifold temps,which would result in cooler intake temps therefore leaner conditions, you also have a cam that flows alot more on the top end, which will result in leaner conditions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah I tuned it for the new cam right after the install. Drove it for like a week and it was fine. I can see the intake temps being cooler and denser but wouldnt think it would make my AF almost a point and half richer. Timing is still off one degree from base timing on uber compared to the timing marks.

I actually changed the clips of 3 and 4 to see if it would make a difference. In either order the car runs fine. Part throttle drive normal. It really has me confused.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what do the plugs look like?
Old 07-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seen4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what do the plugs look like?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did not have a chance to look at them under boost. I will try to check them tonight.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You cant have the injectors mixed up. It would run terribly if at all. Do a compression test. This will show you the health of the motor and reveal any valve timing errors if your timing belt is off.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

IM 99.99999$ sure that the timing belt is on the right tooth.

If it woudlnt run well i wonder why when i changed two of the clips the car still ran the same as the two in the opposite order? What the easiest way to make sure the inejector is working. Maybe im only running on 3 cyl. right now althought I would think I would notice 3cyl vs 4??
Old 07-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I just went outside. Put the key into the on poistion and checked all the clips with a voltmeter. All are getting power so my theory on one of the injectors not firing is wrong (unless the injector itself is fubared).

I never got to run the car today. I did take the plugs out though and they look kind of shitty. They have a rust color tint to them. And the porclain below the threads (below threads as in side opposite of the eletrode). It seems to have turned a rust color as well. Im going to try some different spark plugs and see what happens.

For now im going to the lake and forgetting about the piece of ****.

Hope that helps with some of the questions. If anyone has more theories let me know. Id really like to be able to drive the car soon
Old 07-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that's strange, redish porcelian is normally attributed to race gas...

but they are all 4 the same right? that would indicate something.

i still wonder why you can't get engine time and ecu to match.... have you had someoen hold it up to 3k and check timing vs laptop?
Old 07-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seen4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that's strange, redish porcelian is normally attributed to race gas...

but they are all 4 the same right? that would indicate something.

i still wonder why you can't get engine time and ecu to match.... have you had someoen hold it up to 3k and check timing vs laptop?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope. I think it has to do with using OBDII motor wiring harness and then using the obdI ecu. I think alot of people have the problem.