Notices

Guess WTF happened to me on the way home from school today?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guess WTF happened to me on the way home from school today?!

The most wonderful ::sarcasm:: thing happened to me on the way home from school (FIU for the South FL peeps here)? I was leaving school around 3:30pm today. Was kinda pissed off all day cause of little **** but I ignored it cause I felt like having a good day. Anyway bout 3:45 I'm cruising along the turnpike. I switch to the extreme right lane from the middle. I look ahead... there's a big piece of metal (looked like an axle with the shaft broken off). BOOM I hit it. I slow down, nothing seems wrong. I figure the worst that could have happened was that it tore up my bumper if it was even that tall. Drove along for about another 15-20 miles nothing car drove normal, no sounds, etc. couldn't really stop anyway... turnpike had lotsa traffic. Anyway I head straight to work. There's a McD's infront of my store so I went there to get food. I'm in the line after ordering and I hear dripping, I'm like WTF? Soon after i smell a faint hint of burning oil VERY faint luckily. Something told me to get out of the line and park it. Parked it. Shut it off, rolled it back... oil puddle on the floor and it continues leaking. I turn to my job and signal my coworker that i'll be in in 5 minutes. Anyway there's a good side to this story. I have an extra oil pan at home that was fitted with a -10AN fitting for the turbo install (whenever it gets done :-/). I have the gasket, and hondabond also (it's good to plan ahead for ur turbo install ). So tomorrow I'm going to SFP to buy a -10AN Cap and then put the other pan on . Also, I'm off from work for the next 2 days! which is very rare AND... I work for Uhaul... therefore my boss is on his way with a tow dolly to help me tow the car home . Aren't I lucky?

Cliff notes:

Ran over some **** in the road, busted up oil pan, luckily made it ALL the way to work and shut off before doing damage. Also luckily have spare oil pan and gasket for future turbo install. And I conveniently have off work for the next two days AND I work for Uhaul so free towing for me!(how opportune)
Old 09-18-2002, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Guess WTF happened to me on the way home from school today?! (CivicRyda2k)

That's why you should pull over imediatley when you hit something sizeable!
Old 09-18-2002, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Guess WTF happened to me on the way home from school today?! (CivicRyda2k)

damm im glad nothing really bad happend.
Old 09-18-2002, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Guess WTF happened to me on the way home from school today?! (FredoSP)

same thing happened to me a yr ago, but i hit a semi tire carcass....i got lucky since it missed my oil pan. but it left a gigantic dent in the floor board of the car . try to get ur insurance to cover the damages
Old 09-18-2002, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Guess WTF happened to me on the way home from school today?! (javierb14)

how bout having an electric phone line dangling from houses and towers nail you on the windshield while driving in the dark? yea, scared the **** out of me. no damage tho, thankfully
Old 09-18-2002, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Guess WTF happened to me on the way home from school today?! (mntdewred)

how bout having an electric phone line dangling from houses and towers nail you on the windshield while driving in the dark? yea, scared the **** out of me. no damage tho, thankfully
S H I T !!!

damn that scaaaaaary... yah luckily i got a backup Y8 oil pan, and gasket and such so i'm gonna swap it tomorrow or friday. Just gotta get a -10AN cap for it since it already has the oil feed fitting on it
Old 09-18-2002, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Guess WTF happened to me on the way home from school today?! (FredoSP)

damm im glad nothing really bad happend.

thank god for that man...luckin out.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Guess WTF happened to me on the way home from school today?! (mntdewred)

damn man..thats good that you turned it off in the right time. I was on my way home from towers one weekend and there was this truck carrying wood. Well the pickup truck was 2 cars ahead of me..and blah bling..blocks of wood fall im there..with my dropped Accord...all I hear is bling, cling, clong, clink...scared the **** out of me but nothing happened.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Guess WTF happened to me on the way home from school today?! (BaddMo2002)

lucky... oh well... such is my bad luck
Old 09-18-2002, 06:48 PM

since i drive i95 alot im constantly afraid i may hit something..
one time i was driving and i saw the car infront of me start to brake and the car infront of him also...so i kinda pulled over to the right to see wats slowing down for...then i see the car 2 cars ahead swerve left really quick..then car in front of me also..by this itme im wondering wtf is goin on..and im on the brakes...when the car in front of my gets onto the the left shoulder i see it...holy **** its a dead cow!!!!!

j/k it was a queen size mattress...my car either woulda pushed it like a snow plow or bounced over it..luckily everyoen cleared it safely..