Notices

gsr supercharger questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gsr supercharger questions

I bought my 89 crx 2 weeks ago with a b18a1 swapped into it as a project. I'm saving up for a gsr to swap into hopefully by the end of summer. I wanted to go to n/a but after research I found out for the same amount of money, I can get a turbo and more hp. After more research I found out that you can't pass inspection with a turbo. A friend told me supercharger may be the way to go. I want a daily driver, that can also be used in drag and autocross. I'd like to continue using pump gas. My questions are: -Do I have to rebuild my engine before throwing on a supercharger? -Can I put a supercharger on a stock gsr motor and rebuild later? -what is the recommended compression ratio, bore size etc. for supercharging?(pretty much parts needed and sizing to rebuild)
Old 07-17-2015, 09:56 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: gsr supercharger questions

Try a few places:

https://honda-tech.com/forced-induct...gains-3143249/

and Here:

and here

Honda B-Series Race Supercharger Kit (C30-94) - Kraftwerks

Don't bother with the Eaton blower JRSC. They are discontinued, parts are hard to find and integrate, and actually aren't as efficient. Keep your stock compression, don't lower it, use pump gas 91-93, and have it tuned.

Basic nuggets. good luck.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GO auto sells a kit that includes intercooler, piping and BOV. Pretty much everything you would need other then tuning

GO-AUTOWORKS Kraftwerks Kit B16 B18 B20 Supercharger Kit Civic Integra
Old 07-18-2015, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

You can boost the stock engine thats fine just have a good ems to tune the engine, usually you will need at the least some bigger injectors. Yea deff look into the Krafts werk kit BUT remember its not carb legal, if you stuck on it having to have the carb sticker then either the old JRSC kit is your option or a old Pro Charger kit which i have thats very similar to the new kraftswerks kit or a (centrifugal) supercharger and its carb legal, its pricey but you said you considered a turbo kit and there usually $3,500 and up for a decent kit, the Pro charger is about the same, theres one for about $4,800 at.

Honda Civic Supercharger Kits at Andy's Auto Sport
Old 07-19-2015, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That kraftwerks kit looks pretty cool. Im running a jrsc on a 95 gsr w/ all original stock internals and 180k on the clock. It runs and drives like it came this way with a good hondata tune on 91 pump gas. You can benefit from fairly high compression with these.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by GodlikeGS-R
That kraftwerks kit looks pretty cool. Im running a jrsc on a 95 gsr w/ all original stock internals and 180k on the clock. It runs and drives like it came this way with a good hondata tune on 91 pump gas. You can benefit from fairly high compression with these.
Ah. Sounds like a lot of fun. Those were great systems for autox.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lots of good information. Thanks
Old 07-19-2015, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Ah. Sounds like a lot of fun. Those were great systems for autox.

Owe don't get it wrong people a good stout JRSC setup is loads of fun! i built a nice setup a few years back with a LHT JRSC water cooled on 12 psi, the setup made 285 whp @ 12 psi and was very fun! i raced a modified EVO in a up hill tug match and dominated him all the way up it was great!. I just wanted more top end power and i diddnt like the heat soak i still had even with the water cooled manifold. My pro charger made about the same hp with half the boost. But complete good condition JRSC kits are hard to find but theres a guy who makes replacement parts for it so as long as you have the blower you can get the brackets made by him he's on ebay.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

All the New C/F superchargers are so expensive. lol, but great design. I have 2 B series jackson Racing set ups. I personally love them for daily driving. I have one on my Del Sol with the factory b16. Its tuned to cut boost at 8.5 psi and maintain while it hits vtec. But it reaches 11 psi right before hand with the stepper pulley. It only made 165whp on a mustang dyno, DSM 450s, walbro fuel pump, stepper pulley, tuned on chrome. The engine is super tired tho. Very bad oil consumption, and like 30 % leakage in cylinder 2, 25, 22, and 15 percent leakage on the other cylinders. Not bad for pretty much running on 3 cylinders with boost lol. so make sure your engine is healthy if you want to avoid hassles down the road. Not a real good track idea tho. especially if you run it ***** out on a hot summer day, your IAT will sky rocket, and the roots style superchargers already have issues with heat soak. The LHT cooler is an awesome idea, but costs as much as a whole kit. which you can find pop up every now and then on this site and ebay. (1500-2k is a regular price for a complete kit) All in All, The JR kits are a good setup for reliable daily driver that can rip around town. And wont have to worry about emissions if you set it up right.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:59 PM