Notices

Greddy E-manage question

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy E-manage question

just wondering if anyone is currently using an e-manage system and how they like it... i have been looking into a few different options for fuel managment on my turbo d16z6 project and the emanage system looks to be pretty good for the price(approx $380)... i would go with hondata but im not into the whole tuning everything or paying someone else tune it for me... its just going to cost too much money for me right now and im just looking for basic fuel tuning at first to get it running pretty good and i can add ignition tuning and boost control functions down the road... thanks for the input guys
-Josh
Old 01-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy E-manage question (Crimson_Tide)

Well with all the new tuning software that is now available to us for free i would suggest running Uberdata or Neptune or Crome or Turboedit, then save the money you were going to use for the E-manage and get a wideband.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:08 PM
mike93eh

i use emanage on 10psi and it does great. the great thing about it is that its super easy to use and has alot of nice features. you can get the whole setup for under 200 if you harder..
Old 01-11-2006, 12:39 PM

Default Re: (mike93eh)

well i just ordered a brand new greddy E manage for $275 and a set of 4 high impedence rc engineering 370cc injectors for a good price... should i be set with those two as far as fuel managment?
-Josh
Old 01-11-2006, 12:56 PM
mike93eh

Default Re: (Crimson_Tide)

youre going to need the fuel and ignition harnesses. if you just get the ignition you can use the rest of the extra wires for the fuel, search around on here..
Old 01-11-2006, 02:57 PM

the fuel harness doesnt come with it? i was only going to use it for fuel managment and add ignition, and boost controll later on
-Josh
Old 01-11-2006, 03:09 PM
mike93eh

uhh no. just get the ignition harness and use the extra wires for fuel.

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/
Old 01-12-2006, 05:52 AM

link isnt working man... ill look around for prices on harnesses... kinda gay how you cant just plug it in and use it without having to buy more stuff
-Josh
Old 01-12-2006, 06:17 AM

You can just plug it in without buying more stuff. But it would be no better than an AFC. On it's own, the unit can control fuel just like the AFC does by modifying the MAP voltage. But that would affect your timing and so on. You need the ignition harness and injector harness to actually do any real tuning. Also, did you get the support tool so you can use your laptop?

Honestly, on a Honda there are probably better options since you guys have so many. I use the emanage on my turbo Maxima and it works very well. But it is my only choice for that application.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crimson_Tide &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">link isnt working man... ill look around for prices on harnesses... kinda gay how you cant just plug it in and use it without having to buy more stuff
-Josh</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-12-2006, 07:31 AM

Default Re: (AP-Signworks1)

no i just ordered a greddy emanage... so basically what you guys are telling me is that it will act like a vafc until i upgrade to the ignition/fuel harness and then itll be a step closer to stand alone?
-Josh
Old 01-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes - it's just one big fancy VAFC until you get the harness and Support Tool. You keep mentioning the harnesses and that's fine, but to actually be able to tune, you need the e-Manage software (called the Support Tool).

Go to mohdparts website and do some reading. He's got the instruction manuals and FAQs for all things e-Manage.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EE_Chris)

so lets see
Uberdata=free
usb cord for computer $20
Wb02-$300
ecu depending on your car $120-$175(may not even need)
total~450

E-manage-$275
support tool-$100
ignition ****-$100
WB02-$300
total-$775

Thats why it helps to research
Old 01-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (urbansi)

MOHD's site has a ton of info on Emanage. Great source and ships parts retarded quick.
IMO tohugh In a Honda, there are better options for much cheaper.
But essentially yes, its like an AFC without all the add ins.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:27 AM

Default Re: (PM-Performance)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by urbansi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so lets see
Uberdata=free
usb cord for computer $20
Wb02-$300
ecu depending on your car $120-$175(may not even need)
total~450

E-manage-$275
support tool-$100
ignition ****-$100
WB02-$300
total-$775

Thats why it helps to research </TD></TR></TABLE>
i dont know **** about electronics so i couldnt install the hardware needed for uberdata and i dont know anything about burning chips and all that stuff... id rather go with greddy because their products are reliable, pretty cheap, and they are proven... btw what is Wb02? im going to check out mohdparts's site and read up on the emanage... thanks for all the help guys
-Josh
Old 01-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont think emanage is going to be a simple drop in thing. There is wiring to do and getting to know the software and stuff and dip switch settings with horrible instructions.

WB02 is a wideband. Needed for tuning
Old 01-12-2006, 11:32 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by urbansi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
E-manage-$275
support tool-$100
ignition ****-$100
WB02-$300
total-$775

Thats why it helps to research </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh and btw:
ignition harness- $34
support tool- $110

-Josh
Old 01-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crimson_Tide &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

oh and btw:
ignition harness- $34
support tool- $110

-Josh</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok well if we are going to be smartass' here i am not the one that is still paying out the *** for a blue box with tuning. So shave about $60 bucks off the top of the $775, and its $715, then since you think that installing an E-manage is so easy you wont need another post to ask how to install it, since Greddy's instructions bacically are worthless.
Its not hard to find people that can chip ECU's, **** i would have done it for you for $20, including the chip.

I am just trying to show you that it would have been easier and way way cheaper to do your research and find something that would be better than Greddy's product.

thats all
Old 01-12-2006, 12:42 PM

not trying to be a smartass... i was just saying that i can get it for less money than you listed... i dont think that its just plug and play and im not expecting to learn it right away... but i want to eventually learn how to tune it myself and i think that the E-manage would be easier to learn on... i dont mind spending extra money for the emanage as long as it works good... the instructions i got were perfectly clear and i should be installing it soon... as long as i get my car put back together and running soon... i didnt want to go the route of chipping because ive heard that sometimes they arent as reliable and i would rather not have someone else tuning my car... the only exception is when i get my turbo kit installed i am taking the car to south florida performance and have them dyno tune it
-Josh
Old 01-12-2006, 12:45 PM

oh and one more question... do i have to purchase a wideband o2 and basically use it in place of my o2 sensor? or are they used strictly for tuning purposes? if thats the case then SFP will just use theirs when tuning the car and i dont have to purchase one
-Josh
Old 01-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I used to have an Emanage before I pulled my head out of my *** and went with a chipped ECU.

Here are my gripes:
1. Random CEL's that occur on a daily basis and put the car into limp mode.
2. The hookup takes around 2 hours if you can decipher the useless manual chock full of hookup errors. More hacking than a Friday the 13th movie.
3. OBD2 learns around the settings. OBD1 required for accurate tune.
4. The support tool and extra harnesses required are a joke.
5. It is way overpriced.

Believe it or not, my car ran better when I ripped that hunk of **** out and ran the original, untunable bluebox while I was waiting for the stuff to come in for the Crome Pro setup I am running now.

The emanage may work well on other cars, but for Hondas, I can't do anything but persuade people to run from it.