Notices

Fuel system question....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel system question....

I am thinking about getting a turbo for my d16, thinking greddy, and i was wondering about the fuel system. I am very unsure about it. Every recommends getting new injecters, hondata chip and then tuning it, and so on. Well i live in Illinois and i dont think there is anyone close to do the tuning for the hondata. Would it be safe to not get a hondata chip(or any other chip) and get new injecters? I wouldn't be running that much boost, probably between 5-8 psi.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel system question.... (awalk2005)

technically there are a couple places that do tune hondata in illinois now. GRD & Whipfactory. Would i trust either one of them with my car? probably not. i am getting Hondata soon, and i will be taking my car up to Payn Technologies in Troy Michigan. It is a far drive, but i have been researching hondata for a while, and haven't read or heard any complaints about them. Just heard all good things about Tom up there. How much power are u lookin for? b/c honestly, i wouldn't go with a greddy kit. get a decent turbo kit with hondata...run 10psi safely and be much more happy then a greddy kit at 6psi.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel system question.... (SpoolnG2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolnG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">technically there are a couple places that do tune hondata in illinois now. [B] GRD & Whipfactory. Would i trust either one of them with my car? probably not.[\B] </TD></TR></TABLE>
Have you personally had whipfactory tune you ish? I dont think you have. so how can you say you cant trust them. I think people should talk from experience not thoughts.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fuel system question.... (m3bluegsr)

Man, aren't you that same kid that was talking **** after we wouldn't sell you NEW Takata Harnesses for the price of used Takata Harnesses on Honda-tech?

So what have I built\done that would make you not trust me with your car? Since you would say some **** like that.

Suprdave
Old 09-19-2003, 07:58 AM

i am very happy with whip factory

they are true to the game.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:39 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolnG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">technically there are a couple places that do tune hondata in illinois now. GRD & Whipfactory. Would i trust either one of them with my car? probably not. i am getting Hondata soon, and i will be taking my car up to Payn Technologies in Troy Michigan. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Where is GRD and Whipfactory located in IL. Has anyone dealt with them and are u happy with there tuning?
Old 09-19-2003, 12:05 PM

speaking of tuning, anyone had or know any body that has had hondata tuning done at elite in mlps mn
Old 09-19-2003, 12:09 PM

There are alot of IL resident Honda stage4 users out there, if you wanted a shop to tune your car on the dyno, Dave (WhipFactory) would do a good job. They are located in the Naperville/Plainfield area.
GRD is in Aurora/Naperville area, I have not heard problems with GRD but I would take my car to Dave instead....if I didn't do my own tuning.

"keep your Peter outta Steator" sorry I could not help it, all those nights in Ottawa and I still remeber hearing that phrase. I grew up in that area
Old 09-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by awalk2005 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Where is GRD and Whipfactory located in IL. Has anyone dealt with them and are u happy with there tuning?</TD></TR></TABLE>

There in Naperville illinois. whipfactory is near 59 and 95th street. If you decide to go with Hondata i would for sure have dave tune it. Ive never liked grd they always gave me bad customer service. Whipfactory has good service and they tell it like it is.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can only speak for myself, and since I've never dealt with GRD I'm going to assume that they are fully capable of tuning a Hondata. The thing I questioned was telling someone that 'I' can't be trusted with a car when you have never dealt with me. That's all...

Suprdave
Old 09-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel system question.... (Suprdave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Suprdave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man, aren't you that same kid that was talking **** after we wouldn't sell you NEW Takata Harnesses for the price of used Takata Harnesses on Honda-tech?

So what have I built\done that would make you not trust me with your car? Since you would say some **** like that.

Suprdave</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, i wasn't talking **** about your shop....never have never will. FYI, the harnesses i told u about were not used..they were brand new. Just cause u wanted to charge me $450 for harnesses i could get for 375 doesn't mean u gotta try and make me look dumb. And when i said i wouldn't trust you with my car, i wasnt trying to talk ****..all i was saying is that you guys are a new shop, and don't have a reputation yet. why would i trust some shop i know nothing about and just started up? Payn Tech has been around...they have a proven reputation for tuning and running a good shop, thats why i reccomended them. But hey, if this kid wants to trust you with his car, then let him. All i was doing is giving my opinion. Thats what he asked for. all of our opinions. and for GRD, they just got hondata and haven't even tuned a car with it yet. why would i tell someone to go somewhere that hasn't used a system yet?
Old 09-19-2003, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, first off...

We told you $400 for the harnesses and you wanted them for $310. Your exact quote was "Someone on the internet is selling them cheaper" and when I asked you who you said "Search on Honda-Tech under Takata".

Secondly,

Saying "I wouldn't trust them" is a far cry from "They are a new shop".

I'm going to go ahead and drop this tho...no point in arguing on the internet.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel system question.... (Suprdave)

My Apology is to the whip factory for bad wording. They do not have a reputaion with me, which is why i didnt reccomend them. But to be honest i have not heard anything good nor bad about the shop.