Notices

Anyone have experience with E-manage?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with E-manage?

Anyone here played with or is using Greddy's E-manage system? It's looks like a decent system for a street car. Thanks for any input guys.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have experience with E-manage? (Endless)

ttt
Old 07-17-2002, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hondata, AEM EMS
Old 07-17-2002, 10:35 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have experience with E-manage? (dustin)

A piggyback will always be a piggyback! A bandaid trying to cover a major wound!!
Old 07-18-2002, 12:14 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Anyone have experience with E-manage? (Dee)

ahhh these guys never anawer this question, they dont like greedy i'm sorry i mean greddy. it can be a good management system if you buy all the hardware, an get a copy of the software, you can use it to real time data log an adjust stuff on the fly. but ad the saying go's. a mans car is only as good as the person tunning it.....
Old 07-18-2002, 01:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have experience with E-manage? (thejdmkid)

I'm not looking to run 9's on street tires or anything, I'm just interested in some added pep. I'm looking to turbo a Single cam VTEC motor and run like 10-12 lbs through it and I figured a piggyback should be sufficent for my application. I really don't feel like dealing with a full stand alone system and I think the E-manage program sounds pretty good for what I want to do.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:55 AM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

I have answered this question many times! I have first hand experience with the Greddy band aid. After blowing lots of loot on this band aid my 1JZ Supra friend decided to get a Power FC with the Datalogit software instead of continuously buying add-on crap for a piggyback that is maketed as a "CHEAP" alternative to a true standalone. Software is extra, adapter cables are extra, ... pretty much everything cost extra.

Hondata 2b/3b, AEM, Haltec, Power FC without Datalogit, WinTEC or any of the other true standalones are much more cost effective to use. If you don't like tinkering with a true standalone you will not like the E-manage either since the software tries to emulate a true standalone. If you don't want to tinker get a Hondata 2b if there is a decent tuner near you.

[Modified by Dee, 8:58 PM 7/18/2002]
Old 07-18-2002, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Anyone have experience with E-manage? (Dee)

I think that the e-manage solution is more price efective that Hondata or AEM. It is not a "true standalone" but with a "true standalone" you can be for lots of years trying to make tyour car run good in all conditions.

I have a friend withg a Hard modified Celica with a Haltec and after 2 years and +200 differents maps the car run as a **** in traveling, etc.

I don't have a tunner that know hondata or others standalone and e-manage for me is a good solution, at a good price.

About the software it is available (I expect to receive my copy this week) for all the customers.
Old 07-18-2002, 06:17 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: Anyone have experience with E-manage? (dariusz)

I think that the e-manage solution is more price efective that Hondata or AEM. It is not a "true standalone" but with a "true standalone" you can be for lots of years trying to make tyour car run good in all conditions.

I have a friend withg a Hard modified Celica with a Haltec and after 2 years and +200 differents maps the car run as a **** in traveling, etc.

I don't have a tunner that know hondata or others standalone and e-manage for me is a good solution, at a good price.

About the software it is available (I expect to receive my copy this week) for all the customers.
Sounds like bad tunning to me.
Old 07-18-2002, 06:22 AM
DSF
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have experience with E-manage? (dariusz)

I think that the e-manage solution is more price efective that Hondata.
I doubt that. A Hondata stage 2 actually costs less than a Apexi V/S-AFC and a stage 2b is only slightly more.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:10 AM

I am currently running the E-Manage or GReddy "band-aid" as some choose to call it. I think it is a pretty awesome unit. . .I purchased it due to the fact that you could control ignition timing and injection duty cycle for only like 3 bills (whereas the hondata usually cost that much to tune where I live). The disappointing things that I found out were that all the wiring will give you nightmares,you need to get it to someone who is familiar (which is hard) w/ the unit so you dont get raped on dyno time, and you can only run injectors that are no more than 30% over stock. With this "piggyback" I have put out roughly 250whp on my GReddy turbocharged Si at 12psi (actually 242 but SUPER HEAT-SOAKED ). Hope that helps
Old 07-19-2002, 11:02 AM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have experience with E-manage? (AVATAR)

Did Super Honda or HA.net crash again? Where in the hell are these Trolls coming from?

It doesn't matter what you call it! A piggyback is a piggyback. Why manipulate a an output when you can find better systems that modify the base map. I guess you got a god deal because 3 bills on gets you the piggyback itself. Software is another $120, harnesses are another $100 (or more),...blah blah blah