Notices

Got Popped! Fix-it Ticket. DSM TIME

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Popped! Fix-it Ticket. DSM TIME

Man, on friday night went out to try out my boosted ls crx and was pretty much the fastest one around the "meet." Got there, did my thing, then cops came. When I started the car to leave, it was smoking alot from engine bay and sounded like a wrx. notice cylinder 3 was not firing. Also head gasket blew since it overheated. Saw oil leak out from the head gasket and coolant. It started smoking alot! Starts up fine but rough idle. Long story short, I couldnt go nowhere so I had to deal with the police. Popped my hood and cop was like "oh **** man, look at this....." Luckily he let us get away with a fix-it ticket. Have to go to the ref station. After all this crap, Idk what to do. Im hoping it is just the headgasket and valve a adjustment. Not a chipped valve and/or f**ked piston rings, warped head etc. Good thing im bar'd and have all oem parts in the garage though but having to fix the headgasket????? I can fix it no problem, but what if thats not the problem to the misfiring on cyl 3.Shoot, I think it will be time to convert to a DSM guy. I may be bashed on this, but hey, a 1g awd gsx would be nice. I read somewhere on here, "go big or go home" and the true,"gotta pay, to play".
Old 05-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got Popped! Fix-it Ticket. DSM TIME

Fastest one around the meet? Now you want a DSM? Seeing you are stumped and dont know whats going on with your car, are you sure you want a DSM? Thats something to think about..
Old 05-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah man the damn police. I aint going all motor and sh**. Boost is the only way to go and here in cali owning a boosted honda is what the cops love. I love massive power man. Owning a dsm will be a lil different.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can do a turbo honda in cali, just expensive. you have to buy a stock gsr or itr, use the edelbrock turbo kit and leave it there.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would think that the police would be the least of your worries at this point
Old 05-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Fixing the car no problem. Im a DIY guy. Or a backyard mechanic. But having the police pull me over and get a fine while I can buy food or something useful with those dollars no way. I would invest in a carb legal turbo kit but they will always find something in you IF they see you in a clean little honda. SH**! Ive always dreamed about a 6-bolt 1g awd dsm though, damn... I can also carry my son around with it too.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by racebum
you can do a turbo honda in cali, just expensive. you have to buy a stock gsr or itr, use the edelbrock turbo kit and leave it there.
Dude i clicked on your turboinstall.net link and I swear if I would of known about that page I would of made one on how to install turbo kit in your home with the necessary tools. Some dude I plan on selling the car without the kit on to get it smogged was saying if a shop will charge him like 1grand to install the kit after he smogs it. I did the whole thing myself. Only mistake was not changing the headgasket to a thicker one.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

umm... what?
Old 05-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thread sucks bra
Old 05-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What bierber said.. Thread is just ranting. Do the crime pay the fine /end thread
Old 05-17-2011, 02:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MoreCowbell
thread sucks bra
Agreed...but your avatar sucks way more, literally.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:25 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by 94GSRMR
Fastest one around the meet? Now you want a DSM? Seeing you are stumped and dont know whats going on with your car, are you sure you want a DSM? Thats something to think about..
You'd be smoking and puking oil more with the DSM than you would now.. hehehe. (Speaking as a former DSM owner).

But look at it this way, at least you don't have to worry about it being stolen while you're broken down on the side of the road. It'll still be there.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:26 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by waspcrx19
...I did the whole thing myself. Only mistake was not changing the headgasket to a thicker one.
That had nothing to do with your problems. Thicker or stock, your car had issues.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I grew up 18 years in Salinas (Santa Rita), before I moved to Austin, TX. You can do anything you want in TX. :D Where do they meet at in Salinas?

Sorry about your luck. If I still lived there I would help you out. Forget the DSM. I just beat the ever living snot out of a modified Evo the other night. He kept egging me on on the freeway. Finally I downshift one gear and let it rip right past him lol. Honda. lol
Old 05-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude i clicked on your turboinstall.net link and I swear if I would of known about that page I would of made one on how to install turbo kit in your home with the necessary tools. Some dude I plan on selling the car without the kit on to get it smogged was saying if a shop will charge him like 1grand to install the kit after he smogs it. I did the whole thing myself. Only mistake was not changing the headgasket to a thicker one.
if you do it again write up the info. i just finished the article on drive axles swaps in the interga a few days ago. when this site is done it should be a nice little resource.

i have another guy from in here i'm piecing together something for. it's just nice if the pics are done in a format like

http://www.turboinstall.net/general-...a/drive-axles/

before the end of summer i plan on having my own install up, a clutch swap and a few other nick nacks.

as it sits the site is on page 4 of google if you search "turbo install" once it gets a little more content and people link to it should move up the ranking and be a nice resource for people.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

From Salinas eh? i'm in salinas too. i have a built Ls/Vtec with a 6262. i just dont go out to the meets there at kmart or food4less anymore. been awhile, always working! lol. but if you need help with your car i deff can help you man. lmk.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Salinas people whats up!! lol. Yea its just literally pissing me off, but fixing it and then trading it for a dsm awd would be nice. new experience.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
You'd be smoking and puking oil more with the DSM than you would now.. hehehe. (Speaking as a former DSM owner).

But look at it this way, at least you don't have to worry about it being stolen while you're broken down on the side of the road. It'll still be there.
Headgasket has never been changed, which is the reason why. Dude here in Cali it sucks. Especially in the Bay Area. The Rex is already spitting oil enough to lubricate parts in the engine bay.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bb6guy
From Salinas eh? i'm in salinas too. i have a built Ls/Vtec with a 6262. i just dont go out to the meets there at kmart or food4less anymore. been awhile, always working! lol. but if you need help with your car i deff can help you man. lmk.

Whats up. I dont go there either. Where are you from? CK, Night D, ???? Yea man, my car is in san martin since I was in morgan hill. drove the thing at 20mph to my cousins house. Tomorrow Im going to pull things apart (turbo) and then the head off to inspect it.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

See what happens when you're a ricer at meets? Hahahahaha.

On a serious note, you're going have to swap in a stock engine to get it inspected at the Ref station. That, or just wait for the ticket to arrive and just pay the fine.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea dude its sucks. My engine/car is a stock bar'd Ls though. So its just to put everything back to normal as when I took it to get it bar'd.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

stock headgaskets pretty much better than anything else out there. GE etcc overbored gaskets are machined from what ? OEM HONDA GASKETS

in your other 2 inch downpipe thread. you got the tuned on a 2.5 " to 2 inch" to 2.5 exhaust. and the shop owner said they'd make you a 3 inch downpipe for cheap. did you upgrade to the 3" and not tune again ?
Old 05-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Spec
stock headgaskets pretty much better than anything else out there. GE etcc overbored gaskets are machined from what ? OEM HONDA GASKETS

in your other 2 inch downpipe thread. you got the tuned on a 2.5 " to 2 inch" to 2.5 exhaust. and the shop owner said they'd make you a 3 inch downpipe for cheap. did you upgrade to the 3" and not tune again ?
Car was having some issues. Car was tuned 2.5 open dp. So what I did was instead of getting the 3 (clearance issue) got the 2.5 all the way and when I wanted to run her, I just disconnected the dp from cat. Loud but ....
Old 05-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

open downpipe is only loud if you have a vagina
Old 05-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whats up. I dont go there either. Where are you from? CK, Night D, ???? Yea man, my car is in san martin since I was in morgan hill. drove the thing at 20mph to my cousins house. Tomorrow Im going to pull things apart (turbo) and then the head off to inspect it.
i am not on any teams. i am SOLO. lol i like being the solo guy that shows up and no one knows but when they run. the Vettes and the Cobras lose lol. anyway, i am in gilroy just about everyday. i live in San Juan Bautista. how'd it go pulling the motor apart? i would think either a head gasket or ring? PM me if you want me to swing by and chk it out. should be a simple easy fix. what Engine management are you using?