Notices

Which Neukin manifold suits my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Neukin manifold suits my setup?

Im trying to decide on either the mini-ram (Ax) or the ramhorn equal length(qp) manifolds for my setup.

I know that the mini-ram outflows the ramhorn and the ramhorn has better topend.

Im going to be running a 57trim (.63ar) @9-14lbs of boost on my b16a, and from what ive heard from the locals around here it would be better off with the minram because the ramhorn will give me alot of lag and not much benifits at the setup ill be running.

Is this true?

I can afford either of them and i was planning on getting the ramhorn until i heard this..
Old 12-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which Neukin manifold suits my setup?

Are you stuck on a Neukin manifold? I would suggest a miniram or possibly a good log style like the inlinePRO or SPA top mount if your concerned about spool time.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BoostinTEG
Im trying to decide on either the mini-ram (Ax) or the ramhorn equal length(qp) manifolds for my setup.

I know that the mini-ram outflows the ramhorn and the ramhorn has better topend.

Im going to be running a 57trim (.63ar) @9-14lbs of boost on my b16a, and from what ive heard from the locals around here it would be better off with the minram because the ramhorn will give me alot of lag and not much benifits at the setup ill be running.

Is this true?

I can afford either of them and i was planning on getting the ramhorn until i heard this..
The mini ram will spool you sooner than a ramhorn, but up top a ramhorn will outperform a mini ram, the chances of you seeing the differences between the two manifolds with a 57 trim is minimal.

if youre looking for a quicker spool and a lower price, get a mini ram.

Also look into these companies before Neukin, too many people having issues with their orders not being filled.

Straight Line Specialties
Spoolin Performance
Go Autoworks
Rc Autoworks
Synapse Turbo
Old 12-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Isnt Neukin having problems filling orders for a lot of people on here?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:18 AM

Edit: Looks like Alex is back on track!

Last edited by mtber; 03-25-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Which ever one he actually sends to you, if he sends you anything.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

lol. ya Iv seen that alot from them

check out these guys.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-49/jdl-auto-design-turbo-manifold-sale-2780020/
Old 12-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mtber
Don't buy from Neuken.
They have tons of fraudulent history. I.E. Taken money & not sent the product.

Really?? i wanted to order an intercooler from them.. i guess not anymore.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey bro i got a brand new peakboost ac/ps friendly wit a vband for a 38mm tial wg,its for a bseries asking pryce $880 obo i payd 1,100 pm or if interested nd il send u piks
Old 12-16-2010, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The thing is i emailed Alex at neukin and i asked him if i ordered a manifold if there would be any hold up whatsoever, and he told me no he could make it for me in 3-4 weeks time shipped. He said that all the people complaining about him not filling orders were people who just got put on backorder. should i trust him?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would definitely check out spoolin' performance, Phil has a lot of great stuff, with a ton of options. www.spoolinperformance.com

My build thread has some pics of my b-series quick-4 non-ac mani with a TiAL 44mm wastegate flange. The pics of the mani are on page 12

https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/adventure-500whp-suggestions-please-2747101/#post44173935
Old 12-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Spoolin looks like they got some good stuff but does the manifold come with a lifetime warrenty?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh jeeze again with 'lifetime' warranties...

But if that's what your looking for, then no. Looks like one year manufacturer defect.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:49 PM

Buy full-race and never look back
Old 12-17-2010, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mtber
Buy full-race and never look back
But there manifolds are millions of dollars and why would I do that when ebay stuff works so well on my buddys car who just ran 7's with no vtec engaged and tuned on a vafc ?

That was a joke ( some people will take that seriously ) full-race is the ****
Old 12-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

alex has owed me $700 for about 2 years now. it is rediculous how a business man can not pay off this little debt. ive been emailing him back and forth this morning and that i can say he is good about getting back to me and not ignoring me. i honestly think he will be the bigger man and pay me off and im really not the type to bash someones reputation but i really want my $700. i have told him to make me $200 payments for the next 3 months and $100 on the fourth. if he does this i will be happy and will not have anything bad to say about him except he took forever paying me back. i will update this once he starts making me payments. but right now i would honestly say do not place an order with him.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also look into turbo elements. They have a nice mini ram for a good price and it does have a lifetime warranty on it.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 90blackcrx
But there manifolds are millions of dollars and why would I do that when ebay stuff works so well on my buddys car who just ran 7's with no vtec engaged and tuned on a vafc ?

That was a joke ( some people will take that seriously ) full-race is the ****
i lol'd

One of my buddy's bought an sls ramhorn off of craigslist...it had an issue with the wastegate arm cracking, they repaired it once for free and replaced the second time it cracked for free

Full Race is awesome
Old 12-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alex has owed me $700 for about 2 years now. it is rediculous how a business man can not pay off this little debt. ive been emailing him back and forth this morning and that i can say he is good about getting back to me and not ignoring me. i honestly think he will be the bigger man and pay me off and im really not the type to bash someones reputation but i really want my $700. i have told him to make me $200 payments for the next 3 months and $100 on the fourth. if he does this i will be happy and will not have anything bad to say about him except he took forever paying me back. i will update this once he starts making me payments. but right now i would honestly say do not place an order with him.
Thats terrible man, i'm gonna trust you on that one.
Ive decided to go with a ramhorn manifold made by a shop nearby.
Its made by synapse motorworks and they have a lifetime warranty against cracks.
Its a little more expensive as neukins but i'm not risking what happened to you.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:45 PM
HT White Ops

Synapse is good and their customer service is great from what I've seen.. Never seen or heard anything bad about them.. To be honest, I'd rather buy their manifold over Neukin even if Alex was still on good terms..
Old 12-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sc34dc4
Also look into turbo elements. They have a nice mini ram for a good price and it does have a lifetime warranty on it.

lol turbo elements another hack.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah they deffinitly have good customer service.
I emailed them and within 30 min I already had a reply.
This coming week im ordering a turbo, manifold, and wastegate from them.
Ill let you all know how it goes and how fast shipping is ect.
If you want ill even put up pics
Old 12-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the sad thing about my situation is even though he does reply to me on my situation i really dont trust that i will ever see my money, and if me opening my mouth in the long run means i will not get my money out of him then i am ok losing my $700 if it means i can prevent others from losing there money. i own my own business so i will make it back and im sure i already have. he keeps telling me that we had an agreement that i would help promote his product in some type of sponsorship, so he is now telling me that i am basically the last customer he cares to take care of because i broke some kind of verbal sponsorship. i was in the navy and being transfered to japan so its not like i could have taken the car with me or anything, and now my wife is 3 months pregnant so im having to part my car. but he honestly doesnt care, just like he doesnt care about customers, and people he owes money or parts to that wish they were not his customers. LET ME TELL YOU THE DIFFERENCE IN A COMPANY LIKE FULL RACE AND A COMPANY LIKE NEUKIN. FIRST WITH FULL RACE IF YOU ORDER FROM THEM, YOU WILL GET YOUR PART. IF YOU CALL THEM THEY WILL ANSWER. FULL RACE HAS AN ACTUAL INVENTORY AND AS SOON AS YOU ORDER THEY CAN PROBABLY TELL YOU WHEN YOUR ITEM WILL BE THERE. ..................... PEOPLE IF YOU OR ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN A NEUKIN MANIFOLD PASS THE WORD THAT YOU WILL BE MAKING A NEUKIN DONATION. YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR ITEM. ALEX IF YOU READ THIS AND EMAIL ME MAKING ANY KIND OF THREAT TO ME ABOUT MY MONEY, I THINK I WILL START POSTING UP YOUR EMAILS SO OTHER PEOPLE CAN SEE WHAT KIND OF BUSINESSMAN YOU REALLY ARE. AND ALSO JUST SO PEOPLE KNOW HIS BUSINESS IS A 1 MAN BUSINESS, HE HAS NO EMPLOYEES BECAUSE HE HAS TOTALLY SCREWED UP HIS REPUTATION AND NOONE WANTS TO PLACE ORDERS.

ALEX ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SEND ME MY $700 AND I WILL LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TAKEN CARE OF ME. BE A MAN AND QUIT COMING UP WITH EXCUSES.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the sad thing about my situation is even though he does reply to me on my situation i really dont trust that i will ever see my money, and if me opening my mouth in the long run means i will not get my money out of him then i am ok losing my $700 if it means i can prevent others from losing there money. i own my own business so i will make it back and im sure i already have. he keeps telling me that we had an agreement that i would help promote his product in some type of sponsorship, so he is now telling me that i am basically the last customer he cares to take care of because i broke some kind of verbal sponsorship. i was in the navy and being transfered to japan so its not like i could have taken the car with me or anything, and now my wife is 3 months pregnant so im having to part my car. but he honestly doesnt care, just like he doesnt care about customers, and people he owes money or parts to that wish they were not his customers. LET ME TELL YOU THE DIFFERENCE IN A COMPANY LIKE FULL RACE AND A COMPANY LIKE NEUKIN. FIRST WITH FULL RACE IF YOU ORDER FROM THEM, YOU WILL GET YOUR PART. IF YOU CALL THEM THEY WILL ANSWER. FULL RACE HAS AN ACTUAL INVENTORY AND AS SOON AS YOU ORDER THEY CAN PROBABLY TELL YOU WHEN YOUR ITEM WILL BE THERE. ..................... PEOPLE IF YOU OR ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN A NEUKIN MANIFOLD PASS THE WORD THAT YOU WILL BE MAKING A NEUKIN DONATION. YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR ITEM. ALEX IF YOU READ THIS AND EMAIL ME MAKING ANY KIND OF THREAT TO ME ABOUT MY MONEY, I THINK I WILL START POSTING UP YOUR EMAILS SO OTHER PEOPLE CAN SEE WHAT KIND OF BUSINESSMAN YOU REALLY ARE. AND ALSO JUST SO PEOPLE KNOW HIS BUSINESS IS A 1 MAN BUSINESS, HE HAS NO EMPLOYEES BECAUSE HE HAS TOTALLY SCREWED UP HIS REPUTATION AND NOONE WANTS TO PLACE ORDERS.

ALEX ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SEND ME MY $700 AND I WILL LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TAKEN CARE OF ME. BE A MAN AND QUIT COMING UP WITH EXCUSES.
Thats rough man, goodluck I mean it.
If someone did that to me I would sue them or go on a roadtrip to the shop to get my money in person.
Someone should probly put a thread in the forced induction section just on this guy so nobody makes the mistake on buying one of his products.
Your not the first person that ive heard had the same problem with neukin now that ive done some research.
This guys a crook!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

First off redturbosi had sent his old manifold and downpipe (i wanted them as they were the first ever made and held some how far we have came symbolism) here from a previous sponsorship so i could get rid of and in trade i offered a divided topmount and new 4" downpipe etc.. well worth $1500 at no cost to him but this old parts and running decals. He failed to get his new car together and kinda fell into debt (prob with tony1)... im glad i didnt send him our part of the deal as he never came through for us.. something you kinda risk sponsoring guys. He thinks i owe him $700 for his old manifold and downpipe. mtber on here is just this guys buddy that runs phearable ecu service.. and redturbosi hooked him up with countless ecus at junk yards.. iv even sent a downpipe to mtber for his revhard log manifold and he was amazed at the quality... but now talks smack about me because his buddy couldnt come through when i was helping him.

Then the other 3 cases you may have read are outdated from years ago when turbogoods went out of business and me running Neukin has said id take care of these few cases and send them product. Its unfortunate the other 2,000+ customers iv had dont post threads about how great the product is or how i took care of them. And in fact running a business like this isnt easy and things can run a muck sometimes... the .003% i have pissed off dont make me proud but only work harder. The Im not here to take your money, i work very hard to create these parts and keep the Neukin name good.. its been 6 years now.. i have not taken peoples money and ran off like countless other shops.

btw sorry iv not been on here forever.. since internet brands bought honda-tech its just not the same... and it cost way too much to post ads haha

Here is some recent feedback from when i run promotions to get some product moving on ebay 100% feedback

Quick Reply: Which Neukin manifold suits my setup?