Notices

Full-Race Pro-Am traction bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Full-Race Pro-Am traction bars

I'm posting in the FI section since I know many of you have these bars.
I got the Full-Race Pro-AM traction bars for b-series integra and recently installed them with the rest of my setup. Haven't driven the car yet but the shop that installed everything has a concern about the bar that goes up to the engine.
They fear that this can tear the block when launching because the block is weak in that spot, so when the engine torques back it might rip out. Keep in mind that I'm on stock engine mounts and I have polyurathane inserts in my torque mounts.

Do you guys think this is of any concern?
Here's a picture of mine:

Old 08-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Full-Race Pro-Am traction bars (R.A.T.)

I don't see the block itself breaking there, I would see more of a threat of stripping the threads if the force isn't distributed evenly. But even then, what are the odds of that happening?
Old 08-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would recommend a set of new mounts, hasport, innovative and avid all make nice ones, with the extra power your gonna be making now, those stock mounts will rip sooner or later anyway. With some nice mounts in there, I dont think that u will have any issues, but for now with your stock mounts, I would just leave that part off of the traction bar

Modified by JRSC01GS-R at 9:45 AM 9/1/2008
Old 08-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you have soft engine mounts from any manufacturer, I highly recommend NOT running that mount off the traction bar, as you will break the block if you launch hard on slicks a lot.. I know this because I did the same thing, and this time I'll be running a lot stiffer mounts..
Old 08-31-2008, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full-Race Pro-Am traction bars (locash)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by locash &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you have soft engine mounts from any manufacturer, I highly recommend NOT running that mount off the traction bar, as you will break the block if you launch hard on slicks a lot.. I know this because I did the same thing, and this time I'll be running a lot stiffer mounts..</TD></TR></TABLE>
A local guy just had this same thing happen a few weeks ago. Not really sure what type of mounts he was running but the car makes a bit over 700whp. The block didnt break but the bolt ripped out of the block.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:46 PM

it will never break there ...upgrade your engine mount or even filled up of urethane ..take care mister nice set up by the way ...when it s going out from laminar ....
Old 09-01-2008, 12:41 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (civic_sc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_sc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it will never break there ...upgrade your engine mount or even filled up of urethane ..take care mister nice set up by the way ...when it s going out from laminar ....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats funny because 2 people already posted that its happened to them or a near friend.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SD_Lurker)

buy a set of 150 or 200 dollar advid solid race mounts or sell a 500 dollar traction bar. Traction bar is sweet man buy a set of mounts.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (90lsvcrxva)

Prothane inserts are like $100 and stiff as ****.Slap some in and use that bar should be golden
Old 09-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civic_sc)

Eric! Holy **** man, we always bump into each other! Didn't know you we're on Honda-Tech too! At the speed Rob is going I'll get my car back next year! LoL Just kidding, hopefully this week.

I'm really worried about that bar ripping out or even just ruining the threads. I think I'll wait to get some mounts before running that bar to it.

Eric, got any lying around I can borrow in the mean time?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (R.A.T.)

bump for more opinions even though I've almost made up my mind to not run it until I get mounts
Old 09-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What about those mounts that attach (i believe) to the valve cover area by the cam gears to the frame somewhere near the shock tower? I think they are somewhat cushioned. I might have saw them at http://www.JDMsh!t.com or from j's racing. Not that that would completely solve your problem, but it would take at least a little stress off of the other mounts. FYI, I run stock mounts with the stiff inserts all the way around with the pro-am bar attached. The car hasn't seen much track time(none with slicks) but I haven't had any problems yet. Other than the bolt that goes into the block vibrating out over time.
Oh yeah, 601hp, 450 ft/lbs on 25lbs on a dynapack.
Most time is spent at 15psi though.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tulo)

I woundnt run that bar, It woulnt suprise me it it did damage somthing