Notices

Do I need torque mounts with my hasport engine mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do I need torque mounts with my hasport engine mounts?

I´ve some hasport engine mounts here. I want to put them into my car in the next few weeks. I´ve seen some pics here on HT where people leave the torque mounts. So will I get any problems without them or is it better to throw them in? I´ve got a GT40R setup so the engine produces some good torque.
I´m not sure about the PU bushings my hasport mounts came with. I´ve heard there are different bushings available (drag, street etc.) I believe I´ve got the drag set..
Old 05-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Do I need torque mounts with my hasport engine mounts? (hovic)

Hasport mounts are pretty solid to began with.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do I need torque mounts with my hasport engine mounts? (RCautoworks)

some more experiences maybe with some high torque setups?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not put them on? Anything that will help to hold the engine in place, especially with that much power can't be a bad thing.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would use them. a set of innovative billet ones are pretty cheap ive liked mine.
if you only have 3 motor mounts and one shears in half on either side of the
motor . if its welded solid i wouldnt worry but everything can and will
break.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:04 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: Do I need torque mounts with my hasport engine mounts? (sneakysneaky)

Throw them in, what the hell. Can't hurt trying the keep the motor as still as possible.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do I need torque mounts with my hasport engine mounts? (HondamanXxX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hovic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">some more experiences maybe with some high torque setups?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not sure if you consider this high torque but I put down 540 Ft. lbs torque and only run 3 HASPORT mounts
Old 05-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do I need torque mounts with my hasport engine mounts? (HondamanXxX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondamanXxX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Throw them in, what the hell. Can't hurt trying the keep the motor as still as possible.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are right man but I´ve some avid torque mounts already installed and all other engine mounts are stock. Those engine vibrations are horrible cause I need my car every day. The reason why I´m thiking about to leave them completly is because I´m thinking about to sell the avid mounts. I´ll need some new OEM torque mount than cause my old ones (which were in the car before the avid were installes) are crap. So why waste money on new parts if they are not necessary? I know it won´t cost me an arm and a leg
I´ve never driven a car with hasport mounts but I hope there won´t be that much vibrations as with the avid torque mounts...
Old 05-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mh..
Just found this in another thread here on ht so i think my question is already answered.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Trust me they work well, those 3 mounts EVEN at the stiffest urethane from Hasport don't control the torque, you need torque mounts UNLESS you have a solid solid solid mounts BUT still I would suggest them. A friend had some Place racing mounts really stiff and no torque mounts and the motor torqued and hit the firewall and hood and pulled the liquid filled mount out!
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you want good motor mounts is gonna have vibration
Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 AM
H-T Premium Sponsor

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hovic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I´ve some hasport engine mounts here. I want to put them into my car in the next few weeks. I´ve seen some pics here on HT where people leave the torque mounts. So will I get any problems without them or is it better to throw them in? I´ve got a GT40R setup so the engine produces some good torque.
I´m not sure about the PU bushings my hasport mounts came with. I´ve heard there are different bushings available (drag, street etc.) I believe I´ve got the drag set..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would still run the torque mounts with the Hasport mount kit. They do keep the engine from tourqing and they also keep the engine from entering the passenger compartment in event of a crash.

We do have different durometers of urethane available.
u62a street
u70a race
u88a extreme race
u94a most extreme race
Old 05-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do I need torque mounts with my hasport engine mounts? (Hasport)

How do I know what kind of urethane my mounts are made from? I´ve bought them several years ago from full race. But there was only one type available at that time.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:40 PM
GO GIANTS!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hovic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do I know what kind of urethane my mounts are made from? I´ve bought them several years ago from full race. But there was only one type available at that time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha I just PM'd him the same exact thing.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no youre fine. ive talk to many dyno shops and they say that aftermarket mounts are fine by themselves
Old 05-07-2008, 08:43 AM
H-T Premium Sponsor

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hovic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do I know what kind of urethane my mounts are made from? I´ve bought them several years ago from full race. But there was only one type available at that time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If the urethane compresses when you press it in then its the 62a durometer. The urethane gets progressively harder the higher the durometer.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:19 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: Do I need torque mounts with my hasport engine mounts? (Hasport)

You guys should come check out my thread here. I got BAD NEWS

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2310019

Modified by HondamanXxX at 10:36 PM 5/28/2008
Old 05-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondamanXxX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You guys should come check out my thread here. I got BAD NEWS

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2310019

Modified by HondamanXxX at 10:36 PM 5/28/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

Been there before too

After work coming home, turned off the main road to a side road then heard a thunk and the car stopped moving like the clutch came out of it... opened the door and looked under the car cause i thought i broke a axle and see the oil pan about 2" off the ground. Popped the hood to find a broke passenger axle, and the crank pulley against the frame rail holdin the motor off the ground. Passenger side motor mount bolts backed out after 5000 miles and proper torque settings. Needless to say i now have my torque mounts installed and a **** load of loc-tite on all the motor mount bolts.

The torque mounts do help. I filled mine with black silicone to make them stiffer so there more like a solid rubber mount now. While my car was being dyno'd i didnt have the torque mounts installed and that was one of the first things i was told to do before takin the car down track, its better to be safe than sorry.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:09 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: Do I need torque mounts with my hasport engine mounts? (blwn95civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blwn95civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Been there before too

After work coming home, turned off the main road to a side road then heard a thunk and the car stopped moving like the clutch came out of it... opened the door and looked under the car cause i thought i broke a axle and see the oil pan about 2" off the ground. Popped the hood to find a broke passenger axle, and the crank pulley against the frame rail holdin the motor off the ground. Passenger side motor mount bolts backed out after 5000 miles and proper torque settings. Needless to say i now have my torque mounts installed and a **** load of loc-tite on all the motor mount bolts.

The torque mounts do help. I filled mine with black silicone to make them stiffer so there more like a solid rubber mount now. While my car was being dyno'd i didnt have the torque mounts installed and that was one of the first things i was told to do before takin the car down track, its better to be safe than sorry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you for letting me and everyone know your story. This is where it all comes out now.