Notices

fuel setup kinda has me puzzled

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 09:35 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel setup kinda has me puzzled

I'm runnning a fully built ls motor for street duty. i have a walbro 255lph in tank fuel pump, weldon fpr, adn rc 550 injectors... i'm using the greddy e manage to tune everything, since i got it for free i cant knock it. i'm using all the extra harnesses, ie: injector harnes, ignition hraness and boost harness for the map sensor.. I'll get to my question, at idle will I be damaging my cylinders with this much fuel. With the engine management can i tune those size injectors down so i wont end up washing my rings?? i know the rule of thumb is to run a 12:1 ar/fuel, any input will help.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:12 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: fuel setup kinda has me puzzled (thejdmkid)

i also forgot to metion that the turbo i'musing, t3to4e. i'v herad of people saying " my car runs like **** unless i boost 18psi then it runs great.. i'm guessing the reason for that is the turbo is becoming efficent enough to burn all that fuel, what i wanna know is can you lean out the fuel at low rpm, then fatten up the curve as you spool.. i'm really just learning the basics of tunning. everyone has to start somewhere. i want to be able to sit down with all these tables the emange gives you.. and know what they mean and how to adjust them well enough to not blow my 2 year investment up..
Old 01-15-2003, 10:35 AM

Default Re: fuel setup kinda has me puzzled (thejdmkid)

Buy a wideband o2 and EGT so you can see exactly how rich your running it, and how far you can lean it out before risking detonation. Then sit down and slowly learn how to tune your car by leaning it out until you as close to your limit of detonation possible while still having a little cusioning in case you intake decides to jump 100 degrees for some strange reason. Start with your idle and work your way up slowly because you've never done it before. I stay around 800*F with EGT and as close to stoich as possible without going over 800*F. Please correct me if some of you think that's either too high or too low. Timing your on your own with that. I run more aggresive timing than usual, but I won't tell you why so ... My secret that I'll release some day when I feel ready.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:18 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: fuel setup kinda has me puzzled (tzsir)

ttt