Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

 
Old 05-14-2018, 07:57 PM
  #1  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BIG LUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: "Try stealing my car I drive a bait car" Long Beach CA
Posts: 199
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

I'm in the market for a ramhorn turbo manifold that's ac/ps compatible. I've seen the PLM for sale. but I was curious if any of you guys have actually used it? or if there's any other manifolds there are ac/ps compatible that make decent power. And it's for a b series motor.

thanks for any input and information.
BIG LUIS is offline  
Old 05-14-2018, 10:58 PM
  #2  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Chance EG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,651
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

Spend a little extra and get either the Go-Autoworks ramhorn for the SpeedFactory.
Chance EG is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 04:53 AM
  #3  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Autoworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: GO AUTOWORKS DOT COM
Posts: 10,980
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

Originally Posted by Chance EG View Post
Spend a little extra and get either the Go-Autoworks ramhorn for the SpeedFactory.


Also, making "decent" power is in the combination of parts; not just the manifold.
Autoworks is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:33 AM
  #4  
Moderator
iTrader: (12)
 
TheShodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: City of Wind, IL, USA
Posts: 23,361
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

Originally Posted by Autoworks View Post


Also, making "decent" power is in the combination of parts; not just the manifold.
Curious. What would the OP consider to be "decent" power?
TheShodan is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 12:55 PM
  #5  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BIG LUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: "Try stealing my car I drive a bait car" Long Beach CA
Posts: 199
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

Originally Posted by TheShodan View Post
Curious. What would the OP consider to be "decent" power?
I guess decent power is a vague statement, I know it's a combination of different parts that make power together. Has anybody actually use these manifolds that their recommending? Any pictures of them installed with ac and power steering on a B series. I've done some searching and I can't find anything. a lot of them are brands that don't exist anymore. Sorry I'm just trying to do a little bit research before dropping money on a manifold.
BIG LUIS is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 09:21 AM
  #6  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 72
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

Have you considered something like the Inline Pro manifold?
SpiderX1016 is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 11:48 AM
  #7  
Moderator
iTrader: (12)
 
TheShodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: City of Wind, IL, USA
Posts: 23,361
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

Originally Posted by BIG LUIS View Post
I guess decent power is a vague statement, I know it's a combination of different parts that make power together. Has anybody actually use these manifolds that their recommending? Any pictures of them installed with ac and power steering on a B series. I've done some searching and I can't find anything. a lot of them are brands that don't exist anymore. Sorry I'm just trying to do a little bit research before dropping money on a manifold.
I mean many of us have used these manifolds before, we just don't always have current pictures of them, and there are plenty too be found with a good Google search. You'd find most use a t04b compressor cover with a 5 bolt Ford Style housing, which may limit some turbo choice options. Your best bet is the inline pro manifold as stated, or the Go-Autoworks's exhaust manifold that allows the amenities you are asking about.
TheShodan is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:44 PM
  #8  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BIG LUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: "Try stealing my car I drive a bait car" Long Beach CA
Posts: 199
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

Originally Posted by TheShodan View Post
I mean many of us have used these manifolds before, we just don't always have current pictures of them, and there are plenty too be found with a good Google search. You'd find most use a t04b compressor cover with a 5 bolt Ford Style housing, which may limit some turbo choice options. Your best bet is the inline pro manifold as stated, or the Go-Autoworks's exhaust manifold that allows the amenities you are asking about.
Thanks for your input, bump for anyone who's actually use these ac/ps manifolds on their cars, I would love to know their experiences with them..
BIG LUIS is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:45 PM
  #9  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BIG LUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: "Try stealing my car I drive a bait car" Long Beach CA
Posts: 199
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

Originally Posted by SpiderX1016 View Post
Have you considered something like the Inline Pro manifold?
Thanks I will look them up..
BIG LUIS is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:33 PM
  #10  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Autoworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: GO AUTOWORKS DOT COM
Posts: 10,980
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

Originally Posted by BIG LUIS View Post
Thanks for your input, bump for anyone who's actually use these ac/ps manifolds on their cars, I would love to know their experiences with them..
Is there something specific you are looking for?



https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...3309712/page3/

Autoworks is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 02:53 AM
  #11  
Honda-Tech Member
 
LightningTeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,136
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default re: Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

Dont cheap out on this component. Constantly chasing cracks on an exhaust manifold sucks. Not saying PLM is necessarily built poorly, but as a general rule
LightningTeg is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 11:08 PM
  #12  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BIG LUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: "Try stealing my car I drive a bait car" Long Beach CA
Posts: 199
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

Originally Posted by Autoworks View Post
Is there something specific you are looking for?

I'll be giving you a call soon, I've only heard good things about.
thanks

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...3309712/page3/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn7-oXbk0gc
BIG LUIS is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 11:11 PM
  #13  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BIG LUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: "Try stealing my car I drive a bait car" Long Beach CA
Posts: 199
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold

Originally Posted by LightningTeg View Post
Dont cheap out on this component. Constantly chasing cracks on an exhaust manifold sucks. Not saying PLM is necessarily built poorly, but as a general rule
you are 100 percent right, I tell the exact same thing to younger guys who ask me about building a honda.
BIG LUIS is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
joeitovtec69
Northeast (Sales)
22
01-05-2012 06:02 PM
illmob
Southern California (Sales)
2
11-07-2011 03:04 AM
eghcivic95
Florida (Sales)
0
12-28-2009 06:34 PM
SIXTY
For Sale
11
05-21-2009 09:00 PM
asocallocal
Southern California (Sales)
1
03-06-2009 09:10 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Feedback request: Experience with the PLM "ramhorn" manifold


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: