Notices

EXPERIENCED wideband users: Need help interpreting something..

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXPERIENCED wideband users: Need help interpreting something..

This is a message form Dave (VTC_Civic)

Those of you with wideband O2 experience, I need a little help on interpreting this occurrence while tuning civicflnum1's EG.

After installing the Inovative WB, I noticed a particularly odd system of behavior during idle & low throttle. The A/F's would start at about 15:1 and slowly work it's way down to about 10.5:1 over the course of about 10-15 seconds before it would instantly shoot back up to around 15:1, this would repeat itself over and over again while at idle and low speed. Now call me crazy, but doesn't this seem allot like closed loop behavior? I ask because I have closed loop disabled, or at least I have it deselected in the menu but this oscillating of the A/F constantly continues during the driving session. Can anybody with wideband experience confirm my suspicions that closed loop is indeed enabled and working on this ECU? It would certainly help me to troubleshoot some of the issues the car has been having. Thanks!

Old 02-09-2004, 11:18 AM

Default Re: EXPERIENCED wideband users: Need help interpreting something.. (civicflnum1)

what ecu are you using? If its aem then there's only 1 place to enable and disable closed/open loop...
Have you verified that the sensor is in good working order and that there are no malfunctions with the wideband controller?

also, if the engine idles at different speeds, like a lumpy idle, then at different revs the engine would see different amounts of fuel. Are the revs constant?
Old 02-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EXPERIENCED wideband users: Need help interpreting something.. (Canuk_SiR)

Revs are at a constant, same with vacuum, and I still get a rich-to-lean-to-rich flux. This is via Uberdata btw.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:14 PM

Default Re: EXPERIENCED wideband users: Need help interpreting something.. (VTC_CiViC)

TTT for other input