Notices

exhaust leak...no boost? need help fast

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust leak...no boost? need help fast

i put this on the ls thread too. i need help fast!!!!!!!
oh yeah i searched but it doesnt seem to be working

just finished putting in turbo on 94ls

setup:
stock ls
t3/t40e 57 trim 63/50
log mani (w/exhaust leak)
knock off 38mm wastgate 8psi spring
2.5 dp to stockexhaust
255 walbro
dsm 450's
aem fuel rail/w adjustable regulator (set to 45 psi)
greddy type s bow
cca intercooler 2.5 pipping
phearable chipped p75
innovate lm-1 wideband

ok i stated this install by myself last wednesday...sucks not having transportation when you forget about the little things. well i finally got all finished,all the oil leaks to stop and when and took it for a test drive. i have vacuum but no boost...when should i start see boost? when the car idle the a/f is 12.1 to 11.9 something. my bov goes offand i can see my turbo spinning. could my exhaust leak have anything to do with this?

another problem that i have is i have this weird smell coming from my car. its not oil or radiator fluid i have never smelled this smell before. i was try to put load on the car to see if that might help put me put me in boost, i revved til my 2 step kicked in
(4500) and when i let off all this smoke came out my tranny vent. thats when the smell came back.did i screw up my tranny? there is no fluid coming from it! need help quick have to try to figure this out by tomorrow.

thanks in advance
Rajuy

Modified by projectjazzmine at 6:39 PM 3/6/2007
Old 03-06-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: exhaust leak...no boost? need help fast (projectjazzmine)

come on guys help me out here. someone has got to know the answer to this.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: exhaust leak...no boost? need help fast (projectjazzmine)

i have almost the same set up, i see boost around like 4000-5000 not exactlly sure, when im hammering in to it, i had a exhaust leak comming off the mainofold, and it caused me to see very little boost, for example , without the leak, 6000rpm , 12 pounds, when i had the leak, 6000rpm, a couple pounds, that leaks causing u to lose serious boost, exhaust is creeping out,
Old 03-06-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: exhaust leak...no boost? need help fast (Paolo)

thank for the response. well now i guess ill just have to see how long it will take to get the flange resurfaced. this really sucks.
by the way whats your set up?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

use MS paint to give us a diagram of how your vacuum lines and boost gauge/wastegate actuator are hooked up

also are there any check engine codes ?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: (EFbomb)

vacuum lines are coming from brake booster to a line that has a tee on it. off of that tee one end goes to bov the other end goes to wastegate.bov is greddy type s with the top line is vaccum in and the bottom on is on a nipple that i have in my charge piping.on wastegate top is open and side goes to the tee.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Re: (projectjazzmine)

i have a homemade turbo set up. honda std manifold and a 14b i had to make an adapter to convert the two. so this is what i ran into awhile back was i cracked a weld on the adapter plate and lost boost. the bov will go off cuz there is goin to be some pressure coming out. that was mine. now u should back track everything. check for leaks even a couple small ones can do it. it could be the wastgate. i would think ur running a external. check the spring and make sure its mounted up good. what bov do u have. it could be adjusted wrong and be venting out all the boost. but i would just go back and go threw things one more time. make sure everything is tight and what not.

now for that smell. not really sure on what it could be. it could be somthin is just buring off in/on the turbo or the mani. really dont know much about that smell. lets just see if it will go away.