Notices

ETD Traction Bars?? Any good??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ETD Traction Bars?? Any good??

Ran across these traction bars. I mean I read what they offer and what the material is made out of but the truth is are these worth buying.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

An extra $40 bucks will get you the radiator bounts:
Old 06-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ETD Traction Bars?? Any good?? (D-meet07)

worked fine for me...only gripe is it doesnt really help much with getting more clearance for the downpipe and stuff
Old 06-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ETD Traction Bars?? Any good?? (Jockobo)

I rocked an egay traction bar setup for 2+ years, 400whp daily driven. Till the car was stolen......

IMHO...I don't think these are really any different than full-race or any other company that makes them. One bar, two links, they're all the same.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ETD has very poor customer service. People there are big dicks if you deal with them.

Have no input on their traction bars though.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ETD Traction Bars?? Any good?? (97CWITR)

Just got mine in the mail today actually. I ordered them on Sunday too.

Good solid construction, they're pretty nice bars. I won't have time to install them till at least late next week or later though so I won't have any input as far as performance goes for a while.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97CWITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ETD has very poor customer service. People there are big dicks if you deal with them.

Have no input on their traction bars though.</TD></TR></TABLE>
JusT ordered some so I hope they don't give me to many problems..
Old 06-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I ran a set of their bars last year on my 400whp GSR. After 5k miles and maybe 10 passes at the track the main bar was bent and misformed. Took them off and have been running the full-race bars with no complaints. Just spend the few extra bucks on the good ones.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 140 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Re: ETD Traction Bars?? Any good?? (bigdgsr)

I just put some of the gen 3 ones on a few days ago and they sit really low, about 1.5-2" below the front of the car...already scraped just cruising around. I thought they were supposed to eliminate wheel hop also and I was wheel hopping terribly at the track. Look pretty though
Old 06-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there were more than one threads about the ETD bars bending/breaking. should be able to find them with a search

i know member BigTuna had one break that nearly sent him into the wall. the design was supposedly updated since the older design, maybe they are better now
Old 06-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ryan89crx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ryan89crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i know member BigTuna had one break that nearly sent him into the wall. the design was supposedly updated since the older design, maybe they are better now</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I guess I'll just have to see if I can break them or not, but the ones that arrived at my house today look really solid.

It's a little lighter than I expected though.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97CWITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ETD has very poor customer service. People there are big dicks if you deal with them.

Have no input on their traction bars though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

they seemed fine to me...i got the wrong rod ends and they sent me the right ones right away didnt have to pay for shipping or send the old ones back...i do believe the bars were starting to bend though
Old 06-28-2007, 03:15 PM
ej8
Honda-Tech Member

I've seen that they have broken on a few people and some have posted pics (over at g2ic). Why risk your life to save a couple of bucks? If the traction bar setup breaks at the track or on the street you are TOTALLY screwed

Full-race, Z10

If you can't afford to buy one of the NICE sets then just keep your stock front crossmember until you can, that's what I'm doing lol
Old 06-28-2007, 04:23 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: ETD Traction Bars?? Any good?? (ej8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ej8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've seen that they have broken on a few people and some have posted pics (over at g2ic). Why risk your life to save a couple of bucks? If the traction bar setup breaks at the track or on the street you are TOTALLY screwed

Full-race, Z10

If you can't afford to buy one of the NICE sets then just keep your stock front crossmember until you can, that's what I'm doing lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ummm yeah okay

If the tractions bars break nothing is going to happen. Your car doesn't have them stock.

I have their bars on my car, they are okay I guess. They hang fucken low as ****, I scrape them on everything. Even if my car was track only, I would still scrape them. The higher mounting point requires you to cut your radiator brackets off, kinda sucks.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: ETD Traction Bars?? Any good?? (GetawayInMoscow)

^^ actually depends if he is talking about the 90-93 integra.. if he is, the crossmember on the integra is very important.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:46 PM
ej8
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ETD Traction Bars?? Any good?? (Da int3gra)

Exactly, and even if you dont have radius arms stock - if you have an aftermarket system and one of the arms break see what happens - instant loss of control. If you disagree then you know nothing about how suspension systems work

THINK before you post your ignorance
Old 06-28-2007, 08:00 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: ETD Traction Bars?? Any good?? (ej8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ej8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Exactly, and even if you dont have radius arms stock - if you have an aftermarket system and one of the arms break see what happens - instant loss of control. If you disagree then you know nothing about how suspension systems work

THINK before you post your ignorance </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well on my set up it's not going to do ****.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

IMHO...I don't think these are really any different than full-race or any other company that makes them. One bar, two links, they're all the same. </TD></TR></TABLE>

As long as the geometry of the rods is correct, there shouldn't be any problems. I like the lcon bar as well as the one offered by spoolin.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ETD Traction Bars?? Any good?? (stealthmode62)

get the z10 of full race
that bar does not evnen support the front motor mount which is very important
Old 06-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ETD Traction Bars?? Any good?? (riceball777)

I have a ETD bar on my 93 hatch and its very good quality. The shipping was fast from Canada, and the customer service was good too. I was also looking at them on ebay and I ended up calling them and they said they have different versions, and depending on which one, most of the ebay ones come with the cheaper endlinks? So I upgraded mine to the stronger ones, I think it only cost me $20.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GetawayInMoscow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I have their bars on my car, they are okay I guess. They hang fucken low as ****, I scrape them on everything. Even if my car was track only, I would still scrape them. The higher mounting point requires you to cut your radiator brackets off, kinda sucks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what the radiator mounting supports are for that they sell with the bars.

I'll have to take pictures of mine tomorrow, they seem to be pretty structurally sound as far as I could tell, **** the bolts connecting them are bigger than half the bolts in my suspension as is.

*shrugs* Guess only time will tell, however it seems to be another "I don't have them but I heard so and so blah blah blah" case like always.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Re: ETD Traction Bars?? Any good?? (SovXietday)

only thing I can think of is that the weight of the 2nd gen would play a big part in breaking.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:06 AM

Default Re: ETD Traction Bars?? Any good?? (D-meet07)

I have some DIY bars that have the same style endlinks as these... my friend who has the same bars as I do has had no problems, but on my setup they creak and groan like a SONOFABITCH, and it's extremely annoying.

Hmmm... I originally was going to post that the full-race setup has a much better endlink design, but it looks like they changed it to be closer to this design... big step backwards "in my opinion" Their original design was a piece of flat stock with 2 holes drilled for the LCA bolts with a C welded at the end for the heim joint. One extra bolt compared to these, but no chance of the thing slipping or bending at the LCA connection.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the newest version of the ETD bars on my DC2R and they are great. 400+whp. Completely eliminated any wheel hop I had (and I had super violent hop). They also helped eliminate shaking on downshifts due to running a heavy duty 6 puck clutch and solid motor mounts.

As far as customer service goes, before I purchased I was assurred they would be shipped that day because I needed them for that weekend. Several days later I called because they had not arrived and they said they were still waiting on some thing required to make them?? Anyway they upgraded me to the newest stronger version and I havent had any problems with them. AFAIK it was the older versions that had problems and the newer versions are supposed to correct those problems.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have been running these since the first of June Customer service was excellent and I havent had any wheel hop.My biggest complaint is they sit so low and I scrape all over the place.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (still_slow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by still_slow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I have been running these since the first of June Customer service was excellent and I havent had any wheel hop.My biggest complaint is they sit so low and I scrape all over the place.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the newest ones have a low and high mounting location. both mounting spots clear my downpipe. my car is pretty low but has never scraped the traction bars.

Quick Reply: ETD Traction Bars?? Any good??