Notices

engine died now i hear a clunk, fuel in oil pan and in vacuum lines

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine died now i hear a clunk, fuel in oil pan and in vacuum lines

I have a 95 gsr engine with drag 3 kit and i was driving back from school and i hit about 4 lbs of boost and all of a sudden the car died and blue/black smoke came out from the rear so i pulled over. i tried to turn it over and it turned over like 3 times then i heard a clunk and it siezed up and would no longer crank. i get ou of the car and i notice fuel coming out of my fuel riser vac. source. i get in and try crainking again i turns over then clunk it wont turn any more. a little white smoke came out. i pulled the oil pan nothing id broke and there are no metal flakes.but there is fuel in the oil pan. i turn the engine over and fuel starts to drip out of the bottom of the cylinders and i wont turn over when cylinders 2 and 3 get to tdc. any ideas?
Old 09-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine died now i hear a clunk, fuel in oil pan and in vacuum lines (Boosted Gsr Hatch)

Better pull the head.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine died now i hear a clunk, fuel in oil pan and in vacuum lines (HXMan)

ringland?
Old 09-11-2003, 04:32 PM
New User

Default Re: engine died now i hear a clunk, fuel in oil pan and in vacuum lines (Boosted Gsr Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted Gsr Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a 95 gsr engine with drag 3 kit and i was driving back from school and i hit about 4 lbs of boost and all of a sudden the car died and blue/black smoke came out from the rear so i pulled over. i tried to turn it over and it turned over like 3 times then i heard a clunk and it siezed up and would no longer crank. i get ou of the car and i notice fuel coming out of my fuel riser vac. source. i get in and try crainking again i turns over then clunk it wont turn any more. a little white smoke came out. i pulled the oil pan nothing id broke and there are no metal flakes.but there is fuel in the oil pan. i turn the engine over and fuel starts to drip out of the bottom of the cylinders and i wont turn over when cylinders 2 and 3 get to tdc. any ideas?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like an Injecytor got stuck open and went static and isnow just pouring fuel into the cylinders. This will wash the rings out and also got down the cylinder bore and wash the thrust washers and bearings clean which will then seize thm up with no oil on them. This had happened to a friend with the FMAX kit on his Preulde H22A, the Missing Link bypass was clogged and just dumped fuel in the motor, washed the thrust washers out! So that is two things that could've happened, stuck open fuel injectors or clogged map. any Check engine lights prior? Pull it apart and inspecteverything. Good luck and I am sorry to hear what happened.