Notices

EMS Users.. Problem Reading MAP.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 03:06 PM
Corr Performance Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMS Users.. Problem Reading MAP.

I have a 98 GSR with a SC and I see the MAP RAW move up and down as I get in and out of boost. The problem is that I dont see the actual MAP (kp) value. It doesnt do anything. It stays in 0. I've done the proper modifications to get the actual MAP reading from the manifold but no reading on the EMS. I can see my boost gauge go in and out of boost but not on the EMS. Does anyone have any idea as to what setting is not correct or is there something that is not hooked up correctly??? Any suggestions are definitely welcomed. thanks.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EMS Users.. Problem Reading MAP. (MouhadIb)

I'm going to assume you're using a honda map sensor. Do you have the ems set up to read the honda map sensor?

Just as a check go to Configure/units/setup/load scroll down the load list till you see honda and double click to get a green check mark next to it.

Second check, go to Setup/basic system set up/load set up/speed density/ speed density options map min should be around .45 volts and map max around 4.98
The box should be clicked that says speed density.

if you are seeing the map raw change then you should be getting a reading. are you looking at the right parameter? Look at "engine load" you can add it to a parameter under view or look at the boost parameters and it should be listed as a parameter already. HTH