Notices

emanange

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emanange

ive tried this before and got no response, and ive also searched and looked on greddys website. i maybe stupid, but i still dont understand.

how does the emanage keep the map sensor from reading boost?
does the emanage alter the map signal or actually change the duty cycle of the injectors?

get the emanage?
or get the extra injector controler?

i just dont want to use the afc hack anymore. can i please have some input?
Old 06-01-2004, 10:01 PM

Default Re: emanange (2SLO)

i think the emanage alters the MAP sensor signal to read boost while fooling the ECU. you will need the pressure harness to use it, i think. if you're boosting less than 10psi then you can use the stock MAP sensor, higher than that then you will need their pressure sensor or a something that can read higher pressures.

i guess you won't need the injector harness coz that's for an extra injector in an extra injetor setup. i think the emanage can readily control the 450cc injectors. you will also need the ignition harness if you want to control timing.

and after you install everything, you can either bring it to an authorized greddy tuner with the support tool and software ot tune it or you can tune it yourself but you have to buy all the hardware and software to tune it.

there's not much emanage users here so you wont go far asking question about the emanage..trust me i've done it before.

best thing to do is check out the emanage yahoo group at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/emanage/

and ask questions there. i'm also thinking about getting an emanage so i'm doing some reading about it.

and if you're going to use on an obd2 car you'll have problems tuning close loop as one poster here experienced. i didn't know how he solved the problem or just ditched the emanage for a stand alone.
or you can get an OBD2 ecu which is always on open loop like the civic we have here in the philippines. some obd2 ecu's don't have o2 sensors from the factory. hehe don't know if other countries have non o2 sensor equipped obd2 cars from the factory.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: emanange (turb)

thanks man, bump for more replies.