Notices

how are tial blowoff valves.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how are tial blowoff valves.

How much boost can they handle. what do they sound like. Are they loud, cheap, hard to work with. please let me know.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how are tial blowoff valves. (derekhart)

they are built just as well as their wastegates are. top notch quality... i'd imagine that they can hold quite a bit of boost, but i'm not sure how much exactly. there was a sound clip of one on HT a while ago.. kind of a tire squeeling noise.,,, hard to explain tho

awesome BOV's
Old 05-31-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Re: how are tial blowoff valves. (derekhart)

If your going for sound dont go for it, they sound really goofy more like a "whip" type noise without the crack than anything. But as far as function and overall performance I like mine.

Old 05-31-2004, 11:21 PM

Default Re: how are tial blowoff valves. (AbaZ)

Unless you plan on running very high boost numbers (18psi+), I wouldn't recommend getting a Tial BOV. They are sprung very stiff to hold a lot of boost, but at lower boost levels they have trouble opening, which can cause compressor surge.

A better blowoff valve for a lower boost car would be a TurboXS Type-H, or go for the HKS or Blitz BOV's.

If you do plan on running high boost numbers, they are probably one of the highest quality BOV's I have seen. I would go Tial or the new Turbonetics BOV exclusively for high boost applications.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:59 AM

Default Re: how are tial blowoff valves.

Why would they include the TiAL BOV in the edelbrock turbo kit (.4-.5bar) if they were prone to low boost problems.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how are tial blowoff valves. (Ramocheese)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ramocheese &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Unless you plan on running very high boost numbers (18psi+), I wouldn't recommend getting a Tial BOV. They are sprung very stiff to hold a lot of boost, but at lower boost levels they have trouble opening, which can cause compressor surge.

A better blowoff valve for a lower boost car would be a TurboXS Type-H, or go for the HKS or Blitz BOV's.

If you do plan on running high boost numbers, they are probably one of the highest quality BOV's I have seen. I would go Tial or the new Turbonetics BOV exclusively for high boost applications.</TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed
someone posted a DSM car running 30 psi on his tial
Old 06-01-2004, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how are tial blowoff valves. (Civic_95_Si)

i love mine , it works and sounds great.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how are tial blowoff valves. (Ramocheese)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ramocheese &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Unless you plan on running very high boost numbers (18psi+), I wouldn't recommend getting a Tial BOV. They are sprung very stiff to hold a lot of boost, but at lower boost levels they have trouble opening, which can cause compressor surge.

If you do plan on running high boost numbers, they are probably one of the highest quality BOV's I have seen. I would go Tial or the new Turbonetics BOV exclusively for high boost applications.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I run 10psi from a GT30 on my Tial and it opens just fine. When I don't drive the car for a while (2-3 weeks) I get a slight surge until it loosens up after 2-3 minutes of driving. After that it blows off clean without any surge at all. The sound is similar to air brakes on a bus or truck. The Tial BOVs also have two different springs available for different amounts of boost - I use the standard spring, I don't recall if the other spring is harder or softer.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:47 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

TiAL BOV's come in two different spring rates...low PSI and high PSI, so you can run it with just about any setting.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:25 PM

Default Re: (DaX)

My tial sounds like a Whip being cracked

waahhhPSHHHH