Notices

Electrical tech question about the placement of wires safc Vafc related

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical tech question about the placement of wires safc Vafc related

Now I have installed the Vafc in my 99Si and it works fine(the HACK). My question is with the placement of the wires. the manual says to connect the 2 power wires to pin such and such with a space between them. Also the ground is supposed to be hooke up in a certain sequince also. My question is isnt a ground a ground and isnt power power??? so whats up with you have to put this ground first and this power first. can somebody clarify please??? thank you
Old 03-24-2003, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Electrical tech question about the placement of wires safc Vafc related (intercooledJRSC)

anybody?????
Old 03-24-2003, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Electrical tech question about the placement of wires safc Vafc related (intercooledJRSC)

so your trying to tell me that nobody here has a concrete reason for this wire placement???
Old 03-24-2003, 08:52 AM
New User

I don't have the instructions in front of me but here is some electrical background.

A ground is either a voltage reference for a potential difference or it is a safety feature to prevent electric shock.

Power is a whole other thing. Input power can be switched (igntion power) or constant (battery). It is possible that the VAFC needs constant power for memory functions and switched power for activation. One ground may need to carry a large current and the other not. Keep them seperate and understand why they are the way they are.

Ground and power locations could be required for noise suppression and proper voltage reference values. The VAFC plays with the MAP and the voltage it deals with is only 0-5Vdc and a small millivolt difference due to a bad ground will result in a bad MAP signal. So pay close attention to the instructions and follow them to the best of your abilities.

If you can post the instructions I can help more.

Randy
Yes, I am an Electrical Engineer.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:56 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Electrical tech question about the placement of wires safc Vafc related (RGAZ)

I cant tell you why you have to space the ground wires, but I KNOW it has to be done. You will have problems if you do not.
I spaced mine about 3-4" apart on the same wire.

Make sure you solder the power and ground connections.