Notices

ECTUNE

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECTUNE

Anyone using it what do you think worth it... currently running a stinger 4 EMS stand alone with 4 coils didn't want to have to ditch the coils and go back to stock distributer but if its working I guess.. I have had this stinger hook-up for a good year now its great love the options but having hard time finding tunners and anyone even wanting to deal with it heard about ectune after looking at hondata and seems the same any opinions
Old 11-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ECTUNE

i really like my ectune, but the initial investment is rather high, and you cant use it on other peoples cars... however, the software is kick ***!

you will need a few things:
demon, ectune license, chipped ecu. if you already have an ostrich and hulog or a demon, i would go ectune for cost efficiency.

on the other hand, everyone and their moms tuner has used s300. its really up to you. but ectune is good stuff.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As long as you don't need to make any changes to the initial tune, you don't need any of the stuff posted above if a authorized eCtune tuner does the tuning. Just a chipped ecu is all you will need.

I love eCtune. I pretty much force it upon all of my obd1 customers that come in for a tune
Old 11-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am an ECTune fan myself... Works too good compared to the rest, and picked up gas mileage from switching over too...lol The wideband O2 closeloop runs exceptionally well on the ECTune
Old 11-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

eCtune is hands down better than S300.. If you wanna get a single user version its still cheaper than S300 even with the cost of the demon. And the demon will have extra analog inputs soon.. Its supposed to allow up to 16 maps and a ton of on board logging, but all the extra goodies as such havn't been completed yet as far as I know. I use a demon in my tunning ecu with ectune and it works great.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks guys looks like I will be using the ectune lot heaper than that damn stigger I got lol what about ignition how is your guy's distributers holding up are you guys running external coil or just stock coil any cdi control units on your cars.....
Old 12-01-2009, 06:03 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

That varies more on preference and spark requirement for the power that they're looking for. Most under 400whp use the stock ignition for street use, but may use one for circuit use because of the additional abuse that is seen in those applications. Anything over 550whp most use some CDI, MSD Digital or analog, or M&W ignition to get the most spark out of it. It is not a cut & dry question to answer. Like anything else, there is preference.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have ectune. but i had crome and neptune. i like neptune and ectune the same. they are both awesome tuning tools.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ECTUNE is the same dar thing as s300 basically. its very similar so when people say its better hands down i just dont get where they see this. All and all there going to cost about the same price byt the time you get all that stuff for ectune if you want to be able to tune it. yes you can just pay for a tune btu then you have no adjustability which IMO if your paying for something for your c ar and then cant touch it just sucks. And you can only use the software on the one ecu. IDK its definatly a great oem ecu based tuning software i dont knock it other than the restrictions on the software kind stink and the need for deamon or ostrich jacks the costs up.

I have an s300 and love it, never had a single issue with the system and i tune with it on many cars. also have messed aorund with ectune and its abotu the same. Crome pro is also another software ive tuned many times and havent had an issue either. BUt crome is definatly limited compared to s300 and ectune for sure.