Notices

Ebay Turbo Kits???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Turbo Kits???

is there any of them that are actually good?? or anyone with experience with one of these.. I am talking about the kits that come with everything... except FMU
Old 07-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Turbo Kits??? (etbeachzone)

No none of them are they are all fake peices of **** that break within a week. Just search xspower or master power or stone mountain racing. You get what you pay for.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay Turbo Kits??? (superls92)

Some people do fine with the SSautochrome turbo kits, others don't.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:44 AM

It all depends on who you buy the kit from try to avoid a turbo from ss auto but theyre not that bad.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:09 AM
bag

Default Re: (tekturbo)

i put a complete xspower on my bro's car b16 crx......also came with a wastegate that look just like tial,,and we got their 3" downpipe with a flexpipe built in....... we did have a problem with the turbo though after 10minutes it just stop spooling and starting spitting oil...and i ran the correct size lines with an oil resrictor to so dont say that....but we then bought a garrett t3/t4 and put that on and no more problems with the kit..he also drove the car from nj to tacoma, washington so it cant be that bad of a kit...been lasting him about 15000 miles so far so in my opinion besides the turbo its a cool kit..but expect to modify the charge piping cause its not vehicle specific from them,,,oh and when we told them about the turbo,,they replaced it..so now i got a nice paperweight,,untill i can find some idiot to sell it to
Old 07-04-2006, 05:10 AM

Default Re: (bag)

What good is a turbo kit when the turbo doesnt work
Old 07-04-2006, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sc4dr)

ssac,xspower turbo kits are JUNK!!! Bottom line.

there are many threads on here where people decided, eh expletive it its not that much money i'll give it a try. if you want to waste your money, i can send you my paypal address and you can just send the money to me. I also have a friend that decided he would put the ssac turbo kit on his car after i told him not to. He even added braces to the manifold. After about 2-3 weeks the manifold broke where the collector meets the flange for the turbo.

if you want a decent kit be prepared to spend some money. like what was mentioned before, you get what you pay for.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bag)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bag &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i put a complete xspower on my bro's car b16 crx......also came with a wastegate that look just like tial,,and we got their 3" downpipe with a flexpipe built in....... we did have a problem with the turbo though after 10minutes it just stop spooling and starting spitting oil...and i ran the correct size lines with an oil resrictor to so dont say that....but we then bought a garrett t3/t4 and put that on and no more problems with the kit..he also drove the car from nj to tacoma, washington so it cant be that bad of a kit...been lasting him about 15000 miles so far so in my opinion besides the turbo its a cool kit..but expect to modify the charge piping cause its not vehicle specific from them,,,oh and when we told them about the turbo,,they replaced it..so now i got a nice paperweight,,untill i can find some idiot to sell it to </TD></TR></TABLE>

My brother had the same thing happen to his xs turbo, oh and there manifold will crack a majority of the people who have had it will agree. I haven't heard anything about there wastegate but looking at the quality of there turbo's and manifold's I wouldn't trust it.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (superls92)

i have a bunch of ssauto parts under my hood and they all have 10k+ miles of perfect operation. its hit or miss because we've all seen what happens when it goes wrong.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:47 AM

My kit has been working fine for over 4k miles, I would never buy brand name parts because I can buy 3 or 4 ssauto kits for the same price as a name brand setup. Not a single problem with anything I have bought from ssauto, even there no stage 2 cams and springs rock. I dont know how to post pics here but I can show you my setup. [IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-06-2006, 12:59 PM

Default Re: (B18C Turbo)

nice.. yeah im just really wanting to know who has a ebay kit.. and how is it running and how long have you been running it for.. and how you like it..
thanks for all the posts.. keep it up please!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Ebay Turbo Kits??? (etbeachzone)

haha i don't buy brand name but i surely don't buy ssauto.. it's a piece a **** and most people who bought it would agree. it will crak within one month unless you have a welder then that's another story. but the only thing that is really bad is the turbo. as for the exhaust manifold it will always crak unless you go Cast Iron. i mean you might as well custom a T3 super 60 on a log manifold and pay just a little more and know for sure your'll be alright.

http://media.putfile.com/Civic-Sohc-Turbo
Old 07-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

buying something from SSAC is like playing Russian roulette....you might get lucky, but you're f**ked if you don't
Old 07-06-2006, 08:07 PM

Default Re: (Schister66)

not.. that's why there is the thing call custom turbo. i wouldn't pray it at all unless i planning on it break. but it's gonna break sooner or later and if it doesn't, that's because well maybe your not even in boost mode. i had a buddy of mine who got ss, with his lsturbo. he ran pretty fast but this turbo messed up on him. and his turbo exhaust manifold cracked on him. like i said it up to you, if i was you i'll just pay like $200 more and get a custom T3 super 60 with a log manifold that you know for sure it's gonna work with no downside. everyone use it, and trusted everywhere plus it's a gerrett turbo.. trusted everywhere.. i wouldn't use no other turbo if it's not gerrett
Old 07-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C Turbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sc4dr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What good is a turbo kit when the turbo doesnt work </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a bunch of ssauto parts under my hood and they all have 10k+ miles of perfect operation. its hit or miss because we've all seen what happens when it goes wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

why take the chance?? is it worth it..?

I did, and i regreted it... turbo seals blew up and shot oil from every hole it could.. wastegate spiked (had to fix it myself) downpipe didnt fit, manifold cracked every week...

the only thing i can say i had NO problems with, was their BOV... and im still runnin it on my current setup.... for now... (but i bought a TIAL)
Old 07-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Topdawgg)

expletive yeah its worth it.. i love boost. is ssauto parts not "real" enough of a turbo?
Old 07-07-2006, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93CX)

Alright i went through this a year ago, i have an eg hatch with a ls turbo in it.
Everything on the setup is basically xspower, alls i did was get a rev hard cast manifold engine management and a map sensor, everything else is xs power the turbo has been spooling for the longest time now and i have beat ALOT of **** including other hatches rexs with nice garrets and what not ETC...ETC...
I have read all about ssac and all that and my xs power turbo still performs perfect and i made 242hp 226tq on 7psi, but thats with uberdata and other goodies.
BUUUUTTT for higher boost levels and your looking to make power yea i wouldn't get one of these turbos, for a daily driver low boost, i mean like 15 psi or less id say it's fine, but i went with a garret on my new setup cuz i need 25-30 psi this turbo won't even make that much. hope that helps a little bit, not to mention the guy that tuned the car can drive it on 13 si on slicks and get a 12.30 out of it, not bad for and ebay setup, i can't drive that well i get 12.60's thats why i said it like that
Old 07-07-2006, 07:46 AM

Default Re: (blowme)

yeah thats all i really want is daily driver low boost..
Old 07-07-2006, 01:41 PM

Default Re: (etbeachzone)

okay well if you wanna buy something and take chance then that's on you. as for me, i don't take chance. i expect it to work.... in the world of honda we don't take chance cause there is no room for error. but it's up to you, if you get one and everything runs good then i'm happy for you.. like i said i wouldnt' get no other turbo if it's not made by garrett, garrett is the number one in TURBOS..
Old 07-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"hit or miss" thats a 50% failure rate. I'd pass.