Notices

DragIII Installation confusion. eff those fans

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DragIII Installation confusion. eff those fans

i've be "re-installing" my DragIII kit on my GSR(it was originaly installed by Signal Auto, but since then, it was removed and turned back to complete OEM thanks to lame circumstances) and i'm having a great time dealing with my stupid fans... when it was originaly installed we just stuck in a FAL slim fan and there were plenty of problems that almost led to overheating so i'm hesitant to go for an aftermarket fan...

my problem: i cut away a majority of the larger main fan, and the turbo fits snug but nicely, but the center piece to the fan(the motor) will not allow the instake piping to fit and connect into the turbo... i understand there are many people running the DragIII kit with stock fans, how did you get it to work? if theres no way, should i just go with dual 10"?
i have the filter attached to the shorter curved pipe(the one with DRAG imprinted on it).. do you think if i were to place the filter on the longer pipe, and connect the short pipe to the turbo, it would help?

problem 2: I do not understand how to connect the T fitting (the one that connects to the braided steel line for the oil return line) with the oil pressure thingamobbober line . i know to use tefflon tape, but exactly how is it pieced together?

oh, and how do i go about bleeding my radiator. i know it's not necessary for the install, but i was wondering how.
bleh. anyways. any help would be appreciate. thanks
-erik
Old 07-06-2002, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DragIII Installation confusion. eff those fans (Ruckus138)

I dont know what to tell you about the fans since I have a Civic but the oil feed line...you put the male end into the block and on the opposite side you put the oil pressure sender switch. In the middle of the T you put the 1/8" NPT to 4AN adapter. Then you hook up the line to this and run it to the turbo.
Old 07-07-2002, 12:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DragIII Installation confusion. eff those fans (JMinSi2000)

I know what yer talking about with the fan...i just had to squeeze it thru just a little bit then it fit snug in. Just try manuevering it around. To bleed the radiator there is a plastic butterfly nut that you can turn on the bottom left of the radiator on the back side. There is also a nut on the engine block itself you need to loosen to release all the coolant. My advice is to buy yourself a helms manual.
Old 07-07-2002, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DragIII Installation confusion. eff those fans (Ruckus138)

[QUOTE}problem 2: I do not understand how to connect the T fitting (the one that connects to the braided steel line for the oil return line) with the oil pressure thingamobbober line . i know to use tefflon tape, but exactly how is it pieced together?
-erik
[/QUOTE]

Does this help?

Old 07-07-2002, 10:31 AM

Default Re: DragIII Installation confusion. eff those fans (niedejb)

ok, that picture helped so much. thanks!