Notices

Downpipe questions..

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Downpipe questions..

I'm currently running a DRAG3 turbo kit on my b20b in my integra.. I ran into an issue where my downpipe has rubbed a hole in my oil return fitting.. due to the placement of the bung that's welded onto the oil pan.. and I'm now having clearance issues.. The downpipe will not fit because my fitting for the oil return line is in the way..

Instead of me going to the muffler shop and them hacking my downpipe up.. I was thinking about just maybe going with a different downpipe and hoping it works.. I need something that comes off atleast an inch off the 5bolt flange.. instead of automatically curving down.

Are any of you guys runnning a 3 inch downpipe with a full length radiator and power steering?

Anyone have pic's so i could get an idea of clearance? Best place to get a downpipe?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 07-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Downpipe questions..

Originally Posted by Jimmy
I'm currently running a DRAG3 turbo kit on my b20b in my integra.. I ran into an issue where my downpipe has rubbed a hole in my oil return fitting.. due to the placement of the bung that's welded onto the oil pan.. and I'm now having clearance issues.. The downpipe will not fit because my fitting for the oil return line is in the way..

Instead of me going to the muffler shop and them hacking my downpipe up.. I was thinking about just maybe going with a different downpipe and hoping it works.. I need something that comes off atleast an inch off the 5bolt flange.. instead of automatically curving down.

Are any of you guys runnning a 3 inch downpipe with a full length radiator and power steering?

Anyone have pic's so i could get an idea of clearance? Best place to get a downpipe?

Any help is greatly appreciated
-i don't have ps, i installed a manual rack
-i have good room for my radiator

-you could make your downpipe work but do you have a welder and a welding helmet ? also cut off wheel ?
Old 07-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like you have a log manifold ? true?
Old 07-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Global Moderator

Yes i have a log manifold which i believe is included in all old drag turbo kit's.

I don't have a welder, welding helmet, or a cutoff wheel.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you could make it work but you would need to cut, reposition and weld. maybe even welding up the bung thats in the way and weld in a new one.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Global Moderator

Originally Posted by jasoncrashtech
you could make it work but you would need to cut, reposition and weld. maybe even welding up the bung thats in the way and weld in a new one.
Yeah.. I considered that, but if I knew a 3 inch downpipe would fit with a full length radiator and power steering.. I'm willing to try that as well.. I just haft to find a place to buy one..

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally I would just move the bung in the oil pan. without pics its kinda hard to see what you are working with