Notices

GM 3 bar install but?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM 3 bar install but?

So I am wiring in a 3 bar and was gonna use hondatas install guide but my wires are diffrent colors and I dont have a volt meter to check them. Can anyone help. The color wires I have are White, Blue w/green stripe and, yellow w/green stripe. Any help will be great as I ned to have this done by morning. This is a d15b7 harness to a d16z6 engine if that matters
Old 07-09-2009, 03:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: GM 3 bar install but?

i wrote up a plug and play adapter on another forum. this will probably help you out. ill just copy and paste it.

Find someone who has a busted TPS or MAP sensor. Take a hammer and bust the top open. You need to do that to see where the pins stop. Take a dremel and cut the sensor like so.

Letters (A) (B) (C) can be found on the 3bar map sensor. GROUND (A) connects to Green/White on factory harness. MAP signal (B) connects to White on factory harness. 5V (C) connects to Yellow/Red on factory harness.

Now solder your pigtail wires to the cut stock sensor. My letters/wires ended up like this. If you dont have a photographic memory and forget which wires go where, plug the 3bar pigtail back into the 3bar. Same goes with the cut stock sensor, plug it into your stock harness. I did it this way.

After all the soldering is done, you need something to protect the connections. I opted to use some liquid electrical tape. Theres a brush attached to the bottom of the cap. Apply enough to cover the connections, both the top and underneath the connections. Let it sit for 10mins and then apply another coat.

VOILA! You have just made yourself a 3bar map sensor adapter. Give yourself a pat on the back.