Notices

Does the Drag III intercooler require to take out the bumper supporter ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the Drag III intercooler require to take out the bumper supporter ??

Don't really know much about turbos. Does the Drag III intercooler require to take out the bumper supporter ?? or does the I/C just go under the bumper supporter?
Old 12-27-2001, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does the Drag III intercooler require to take out the bumper supporter ?? (lazyvietboi)

I believe that most kits have the IC bolt onto the bottom of the bumper support. The IC should be visible from the front intake vent on the bumper
Old 12-27-2001, 02:42 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Does the Drag III intercooler require to take out the bumper supporter ?? (MiraiZ)

you should be able to keep the bumper support.. mine fit perfectly back on.. make sure the intercooler is mounted as far back as you can get it without breaking the a/c lines.. LOL.. it will fit
Old 12-27-2001, 09:31 PM
New User

Default Re: Does the Drag III intercooler require to take out the bumper supporter ?? (GSRwBOOST)

Are you guys talking about the styrofoam? If so, and you take it off during the install, remember to put it back in. I forgot to put mine back on and tape it down after my install. Now I gotta remove my whole front end off someday to put it back in.
Old 12-27-2001, 09:34 PM
New User

Default Re: Does the Drag III intercooler require to take out the bumper supporter ?? (GSRwBOOST)

agreed.

get the IC as far back as possible without hitting AC damn lines....lol..i regret that i dont have enough padding between the ac lines and my IC...when my radiator fan kicks on, i get an ugly rattle from the bastards making love to each other.

and..yes...nothing needs to come out from under the bumper cover...
Old 12-27-2001, 09:35 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Does the Drag III intercooler require to take out the bumper supporter ?? (Anthony K)

True, it's there for a reason... make sure you guys put it back in soon.. you'd be surprised how much that little styrofoam padding helps in low speed impacts...
Old 12-28-2001, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does the Drag III intercooler require to take out the bumper supporter ?? (Anthony K)

Are you guys talking about the styrofoam? If so, and you take it off during the install, remember to put it back in. I forgot to put mine back on and tape it down after my install. Now I gotta remove my whole front end off someday to put it back in.
I did the exact same thing. lol