Notices

Direct port install question

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct port install question

I'm in the process of thinking out my nitrous kit and had a question about fuel supply. Would there be a problem with taking off the end cap of a stock fuel rail, building it up with some weld then tapping into it. I didn't think that there would be a problem but I may have over looked something. Any input would be great.TIA.

Old 01-25-2004, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Direct port install question (quik1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quik1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm in the process of thinking out my nitrous kit and had a question about fuel supply. Would there be a problem with taking off the end cap of a stock fuel rail, building it up with some weld then tapping into it. I didn't think that there would be a problem but I may have over looked something. Any input would be great.TIA.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
hmm

You could do it like that, what I would do is use the second port on a fpr (like the aeromotive one - i forget the part number) if you were getting one anyway.

Or cut the line between the rail and fuel filter, but I would do what you suggested rather than cut the line. Any would work though.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Direct port install question (slashDEVslashNULL)

Good idea about the FPR but I already have a B&M one and I don't want to buy a new one, I also don't want to tee into the line. I'm just wondering if it would cause any cylinders to go lean if I did it the way I suggested.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:05 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quik1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good idea about the FPR but I already have a B&M one and I don't want to buy a new one, I also don't want to tee into the line. I'm just wondering if it would cause any cylinders to go lean if I did it the way I suggested.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't think so - as long as your fuel pressure stays the same you should be okay.

Before you spray, disconnect the vac line from your fpr and manually activate the fuel solenoid (point the fuel line in to a bucket or something) and watch your fuel pressure gauge - adjust accordingly. (this is to see the flowing fuel pressure, though you prob. don't need to do it....I am getting sleepy )
Old 01-26-2004, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Direct port install question (slashDEVslashNULL)

Thanks for the advice I think I'll be doing it that way I also have a holly 255lph fuel pump so I think I'll be all right.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quik1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the advice I think I'll be doing it that way I also have a holly 255lph fuel pump so I think I'll be all right.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Take a pic of the finished product and post it.