Did search..and search sucks..How do you hook up alarm and turbo timer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did search..and search sucks..How do you hook up alarm and turbo timer?

Topic says it all...How can I hook up my GReddy TT to my alarm so I dont have to wait for it to shut off...I recall there was a site/post where they can hook it up to the alarm so they can arm the car right when they get out instead of waiting for the car to shut off...
-ThaNKs
Old 08-04-2002, 11:34 PM
New User

Default Re: Did search..and search sucks..How do you hook up alarm and turbo timer? (J-MiGiRL702)

http://integra.vtec.net/turbo/faq.html Post 88 on the relay is mislabeled and should be 85.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Did search..and search sucks..How do you hook up alarm and turbo timer? (J-MiGiRL702)

Also if you alarm has passive arming available use that
Old 08-16-2002, 11:20 AM
New User

Default Re: Did search..and search sucks..How do you hook up alarm and turbo timer? (SiDESLiDE240)

another way to do it is to make sure that the ignition input into the alarm is one of the lines that is NOT kept on by the turbo timer, that way while the timer is counting down, the alarm will think the car is off and you can arm it.
I do this on my car but the stupid alarm gets set off by the car turning off so i have to wait until there are less than 20 seconds left on the timer
(and yes i know i can fix this but i haven't )
Old 09-02-2002, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Did search..and search sucks..How do you hook up alarm and turbo timer? (Xerxes)

I have also done this before, but its inportant to turn up the shock sensor to just above being set off by the shock of the car turning off. You might run into some power senseing issues but I didnt.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:57 PM
New User

Default Re: Did search..and search sucks..How do you hook up alarm and turbo timer? (vr4boostin)

yeah, hook yor alarm's ignition wire to an accessory source. of course then you'll need to worry about the sensitivity of yor alarm. my alarm always gives a couple of warning chirps when my fans turn on during countdown, but as long as it doesnt go off its fine.

Old 09-13-2002, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Did search..and search sucks..How do you hook up alarm and turbo timer? (b18bvudoo)

yeah, hook yor alarm's ignition wire to an accessory source. of course then you'll need to worry about the sensitivity of yor alarm. my alarm always gives a couple of warning chirps when my fans turn on during countdown, but as long as it doesnt go off its fine.

sorry to bring up this old post but i recently got a greddy tt and i can't get the damn thing to work properly. question is, even if you hook it up to an accesory source, would the "accesories" be powed regardless because when ign 1 and 2 are on the acc gets a power signal too? i've been at this for the past two days and my car is still in pieces. please help me out. thanx
Old 09-23-2002, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did search..and search sucks..How do you hook up alarm and turbo timer? (b18bvudoo)

relay the input(or power) wires between the shock sensor and the brain so they are disconnected while the turbo timer is active. You may need a timer relay depending on the manufacture of the alarm used (depending on how soon the sensor becomes active again). Shouldn't be a problem with any DEI alarms (Viper, Sidewinder, Python, NEWER Clifford, Avital, etc...)

86 - 12+
85 - gray from timer (unused wire)
30 - input from sensor/power for sensor
87 - sensor input to brain/ sensor power