Notices

Crap i broke this

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 02:28 AM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Crap i broke this

ok i dont even know what this things called ...it bolts to the turbo and allows the downpipe to bolt to it....well ive been having boost leak problems where it will creep off at higher rpms . its been really pissing me off , well i saw this bolt on there and it was loose. i couldnt move the part back and fourth so i dont think it was leaking , butthe bolt was about 4 turns out. well i guess they couldnt screw it in anymore at the shop , because when i tried to tighten it i broke it off.

question one - what size is that bolt
question two - how the **** do i get the old one out without having to drill and tap!!
question three - could this be the boost leak problem?????

we-todd-did is down so i had to upload this on crappy imagestation , this isnt the actual pic , but its 330 in the morning and i cant get a pic of it cause i dont have my camera , so this is just a reference.

add .orig.jpg for full image
Old 03-05-2004, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crap i broke this (Hella_JDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i dont even know what this things called ...it bolts to the turbo and allows the downpipe to bolt to it....well ive been having boost leak problems where it will creep off at higher rpms . its been really pissing me off , well i saw this bolt on there and it was loose. i couldnt move the part back and fourth so i dont think it was leaking , butthe bolt was about 4 turns out. well i guess they couldnt screw it in anymore at the shop , because when i tried to tighten it i broke it off.

question one - what size is that bolt
question two - how the **** do i get the old one out without having to drill and tap!!
question three - could this be the boost leak problem?????

we-todd-did is down so i had to upload this on crappy imagestation , this isnt the actual pic , but its 330 in the morning and i cant get a pic of it cause i dont have my camera , so this is just a reference.

add .orig.jpg for full image</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bitch! you stole my pic!!!

I was thinking to myself: "that driveway looks familiar...and who the hell runs an orange rubber oil feed line besides me?"

Old 03-05-2004, 04:43 AM
OG triple OG

Default Re: Crap i broke this (boostincoupe)

sorry man yours was the only one i could find as a reference , if you want me to take it off i will
Old 03-05-2004, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.

Oh no no, it's all good. I just thought it was funny.

Now if a DOHC guy stole my pics, we might have some issues...
Old 03-05-2004, 04:57 AM
OG triple OG

ahahahah thanks homie
Old 03-05-2004, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I love the Avatar. lol
Old 03-05-2004, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh no no, it's all good. I just thought it was funny.

Now if a DOHC guy stole my pics, we might have some issues... </TD></TR></TABLE>

ahahha for fucken hilariouse Fhan (sp)

well I don't know how the heck your going to extract that broken off pice... I would say take it to a machine shop + 10mins + $25ish you should have it out. just me though
Old 03-05-2004, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Crap i broke this (Charlie Moua)

yeah a machine shop would be the safe/easy way, otherwise they make something called an easy out, where you drill a hole in the bolt (with an easy out drillbit usually in the same section of the auto store) then you screw the easy out into the bolt. its reversed threaded, so once it bites, you just keep cranking. hopefully its not siezed too badly otherwise the easy out will snap off, then you're really screwed. the easy out and drill bit is $5, machine shop will charge a little more. kind of a gamble i guess.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That bolt probably attaches to your internal wastegate, and if the swing arm isn't attatched properly then of course that could cause you boost problems.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:14 PM
OG triple OG

Default Re: Crap i broke this (turboteg2nv)

bump
Old 03-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would advise against the easy-out, unless you heat-up the exhaust housing/o2 housing with a torch. Reason being, I have broken a number of easy-outs trying to remove such things and THEN machine shops refuse to drill it out, because the easy-out is Cobalt Steel, which is about as hard as their bits, meaning you won't get anywhere.

I managed to get an easy-out out, though, by spending about an hour on a drill press and eating up 2-3 quality bits (worked in a shop that sold all this ****, so they never noticed, heh)...so, it's possible, just time-consuming and HARD on equipment.

Anyway, I'd have someone try to drill it out so that the threads are still in there and you can probably peel/pick out the stud threads that are left in the threads of the turbo (sorry, if this makes no sense). I've had more problems than not with easy-outs on turbo and suspension bolts, since they all seize.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:42 PM

u dont need it.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:23 PM
OG triple OG

Default Re: (bluep3)

anyone know the size of the bolt??
i can take the other bolt off and pull that **** off, the remaining part of hte bolt i can get out with vice grips ....