Notices

Clicking noise from Boost controller

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking noise from Boost controller

Okay heres the thing I'm just wondering what that clicking noise is. This is pretty much for people using the Greedy Profec Spec II, or anyone that can help out. When the car is on low boost I'm not hearing it but once I switch it to high boost I hear this clicking noise when I'm getting on it. From what I was told, it's the solenoid in the boost controller. Is that clicking noise pretty common??
Old 06-28-2005, 11:21 AM
New User

Default Re: Clicking noise from Boost controller (Damion W.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Damion W. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay heres the thing I'm just wondering what that clicking noise is. This is pretty much for people using the Greedy Profec Spec II, or anyone that can help out. When the car is on low boost I'm not hearing it but once I switch it to high boost I hear this clicking noise when I'm getting on it. From what I was told, it's the solenoid in the boost controller. Is that clicking noise pretty common?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Get out of the car now IT IS GONNA BLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J/K That is the solenoid kicking over BUT it shouldnt being doing that repetitively, it should click ONCE when you switch to high boost UNLESS maybe there is a grounding problem? Others with input?
Old 06-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Clicking noise from Boost controller (Boostfed.com)

Wrong answer. It's the solenoid clicking, it's a PWM control (pulse width modulated) which means it will click like that when it's controlling boost. It's normal.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:28 AM
New User

Default Re: Clicking noise from Boost controller (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Wrong answer. It's the solenoid clicking, it's a PWM control (pulse width modulated) which means it will click like that when it's controlling boost. It's normal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the correction. I have never noticed multiple clicks on mine sir, oh well, you learn something new everyday!
Old 06-28-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Clicking noise from Boost controller (Boostfed.com)

Another thing I've noticed this past weekend was that even on high boost runs the car wasn't feeling that strong to me. The car is tuned for 10 psi, but when I was getting on her a lil bit it would go up to about 9-10 and then drop to about 8,7,8.5. Then on Saturday after driving around for awhile I tried to see if anything else was going on. This time on WOT it would only go up to about 7.5-8ish. It seems to be doing that after driving around for a while. But if I try to get on it a lil after turning the car on it seems to hold boost fine. Your thoughts...By they way Tony this is Damion, Erik Blancos friend. This is what I was going to go up there for that one time. Possible boost leak????
Old 06-28-2005, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Clicking noise from Boost controller (Damion W.)

My thoughts are to get rid of that controller, they very rarely work right. That's why greddy came out with the new profec s so soon after the profec b spec 2. The original profec b is good, spec 2 sucks...