Notices

Car wont start...PGM-FI main relay fuse keeps blowing out????

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont start...PGM-FI main relay fuse keeps blowing out????

the new delima for the week...
i was on my way to work last nite and as i was pulling out of our apartments then the car just dies (no sputtering or anything weird...just cut off). i tried to start it back up but nothing...it cranks but doesnt turn over. today i tried to check out what was wrong and found that the fuse for the pgm-fi main relay was blown, so i replace it and try to start again and find that it blew out again. anyone have this problem happen to them???

well the only thing i really changed on my car was hooked up my turbo timer...i dont think that it would affect anything would it??? unless something in the ignition switch has something to do with the PGM-FI.

if anyone knows what my problem might be please reply or shoot me an PM. Thanx

Modified by curiousgpnoy at 5:58 PM 1/1/2004
Old 12-31-2003, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car wont start...PGM-FI main relay fuse keeps blowing out???? (curiousgpnoy)

sounds like you wire the tt wrong or you have a bad one. start rechecking your stuff.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Car wont start...PGM-FI main relay fuse keeps blowing out???? (Jared)

well i just disconnected it...it worked before. the only difference is this time i soldered it.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Car wont start...PGM-FI main relay fuse keeps blowing out???? (curiousgpnoy)

i have beeen reading up on some stuff on the PGM-FI main relay and am thinking that i might need a new one or something...

ttt
Old 01-01-2004, 01:11 PM

ttt
Old 01-02-2004, 08:42 AM

would a faulty relay cause it to blow out fuses??? (it only blows out when i try to turn the key...if that helps out)
Old 01-02-2004, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

try this,

when you turn the key to start it, let it crank for 1-2 times, then slightly moves the key back towards the on position, just a hair !!!!..and see if the car stays running...while you hold ht ekey back just a slight. If you let go the key, it'll shut off...

this way you know if it's the pgmfi or the cylinder key circuit..

stan
Old 01-02-2004, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Car wont start...PGM-FI main relay fuse keeps blowing out???? (Flamenco-T)

it doesnt even start up...it pretty much is doing the same thing it would do if its not getting any spark.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My PGM-FI fuse was blowing when the Primary O2 heater circuit was shorting out...

Austin
Old 01-03-2004, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Car wont start...PGM-FI main relay fuse keeps blowing out???? (Austin)

primary o2 heater circuit??? what and where is that located??? is that part of the sensor itself?
Old 01-03-2004, 10:40 AM

aight just checked all the wiring...everything was good...the fuse is still popping though. i found out it only pops when the key is turned to the on(or starting) position and not when there is no key in the ignition. i also changed out the whole ignition thing just in case there was a short in that. i cant think of anything else. i tried to use a bigger fuse (went up from a 15 to a 25)...when i used the 25 it wouldnt pop but it still wouldnt start. i also changed out the pgm-fi main relay under the dash. still nothing.

someone said i might have a faulty fuel pump. any thoughts on this??? or maybe any other ideas that it might be.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:15 AM

aight guys i figured out what it was. i tried out my stock cx ecu and it started right up...i think i might have fried my p75 . just wondering if this has happened to anyone and if maybe i can get it fixed. if not...let me know if you got one laying around for a good price