Notices

Car was F*cking up today - HONDATA involved

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car was F*cking up today - HONDATA involved

Not many people know me on this board as i mostly read and don't post that much (as most people should) i have been in the long process of fully building my car. The past couple of months i had the motor rebuild (GE 84mm, JE pistons, Crower rods, Skunk2 valvetrain, ext.) broke in the motor (1000 long miles) then the turbo kit was installed - no problems. now was time for the fuel system. Got the sump welded in the tank, aeromotive pump, fuel filter and regulator. str rail, msd 95lb. injectors w/resister box and other small non-important ****. So the shop that is going to do the tuneing burnt me a new chip with the base map for the new injectors, they only could find one for my 95 lb's. i was planning on being able to drive 20 miles from where the car was to get it tuned. Well then we ran into some problems, the car started but that was about it. The check engine light came on and it was back fireing like a mother ****** and wouldn't go over 2000 rpm. We tried to check the code but it wouldn't even flash. So then i took off the obd2-obd1 harness and plugged in a STOCK 96 gsr ecu to try and get some codes. Prayed and started the car. Shitty start, shitty idle but No codes! Revved it a couple times and no codes??? It was running rich as **** spraying gas out the exhaust but who cares. So the good thing is that everything is right besides the ecu. Now can someone please help me i need a base map just to get my car from the shop to the dyno, PLEASE!

NOTES: IF YOUR TO LAZY TO READ THIS I NEED A BASEMAP FOR MY HONDATA B18C ENGINE WITH MSD 95LB. INJECTORS (ALMOST 1000cc) PLEASE!!!!
Old 01-08-2003, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Car was F*cking up today - HONDATA involved (BEe18SeAONe)

I know someone knows where i can get a basemap, i just need the file and i can get it burned. please i'm so close!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

send me an e-mail with what you need and I will e-mail you a MAP.

Kyle
Old 01-08-2003, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Car was F*cking up today - HONDATA involved (2K_TEG)

I haven't played with the Hondata software much lately, but try and lower the injector opening time as much as possible. You're going to have to set your idle a little higher with those 95lbers. What's the largest size injector hondata can control?
Old 01-08-2003, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Car was F*cking up today - HONDATA involved (2K_TEG)

send me an e-mail with what you need and I will e-mail you a MAP.

Kyle
Kyle saves the day!!!
Old 01-08-2003, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Car was F*cking up today - HONDATA involved (boostaholic)

I haven't played with the Hondata software much lately, but try and lower the injector opening time as much as possible. You're going to have to set your idle a little higher with those 95lbers. What's the largest size injector hondata can control?
The problem is that tuning software is 20 miles away in a diffrent shop then where my car is I just talked to motormatrix and he runs 980cc with no problems.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is not aimed at this specific post, so please don't take this the wrong way, but i see the same posts over and over.

Why don't you guys that spend all this money on your engines, drive them as you did while breaking it in and get it to the dyno that way, then put on the Hondata and do the base map and tune at the same time to avoid possibly damaging that expensive engine. MAny of the base maps work great on nearly stock engines, but the more exotic you get the harder a perfect base map is to come by.

The other thing I see is people spending a ton of money on engine work and then want to drive the car safely until they can afford the Hondata. Get the Hondata first, then do the engine work, you will save yourelf time and headaches in the end.

[Modified by Spunkster, 12:13 AM 1/9/2003]
Old 01-08-2003, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Car was F*cking up today - HONDATA involved (Spunkster)

it's not my fault the dyno is 20 miles away from where my car is

[Modified by BEe18SeAONe, 12:56 AM 1/9/2003]
Old 01-08-2003, 09:22 PM

Big to Matt from Hondata, thanks for the help. Now thats how customer support should be!
Old 01-08-2003, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car was F*cking up today - HONDATA involved (Spunkster)

Doh

There's no such thing as a perfect base map. He just wants one that will let it run long enough to get to the shop, so a base map with some fuel trimmed out will do the trick for him.

He's not saying he wants a map so he can go to the strip tonight with his fresh motor.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Car was F*cking up today - HONDATA involved (Hatchblack)

Doh

There's no such thing as a perfect base map. He just wants one that will let it run long enough to get to the shop, so a base map with some fuel trimmed out will do the trick for him.

He's not saying he wants a map so he can go to the strip tonight with his fresh motor.
Thank you! i just wanted one that would let me move the car out of the garage. I'm not stupid enough to waste a shitload of money because i ragged on my un-tuned motor on the way to the dyno. i wasn't even gonna drive in boost on the way there.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got him a base map, but it's hard to be sure how good it is until you try it on the car. In these cases we do what we can.