Notices

car dies after sharp turns....???????

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car dies after sharp turns....???????

My 99 teg ls has started acting wierd. If I make a sharp (90 degrees or more) left/right hand turn, going over 35 mph, my car will instantly die. When I try and start it up again, it won't idle at all. Infact, it won't hardly start unless I press the gas while I'm trying to start it. And if that works, then I'll need to keep pressing the gas, or the car will instantly die. And while I'm pressing the gas, there will sometimes be a lot of white smoke coming out of the exhaust. But then if I wait about 20-30 minutes and try again, it'll start up, but the idle will bounce off zero rpms and about 700 rpms, maybe 4 or 5 times, then it'll die. But if I hold the gas in after that amount of time and I hold the rpms at about 1500, it'll gurgle and gurgle for about 30 seconds with a rough idle, then things will smoth out and the rpms will hold at about 2300 very smooth, without changing how much I press on the gas. From there, things usually go back to normal.

What the hell could be causing this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Some notes on my setup:
stock b18b
custom log mani
14b turbo
dsm 450cc injectors
resistor box
afc hack
custom dp
2nd 02 sensor is disconnected
intercooled

If there is any other info you need, just ask.

Oh and I plan on doing a complete turbo setup upgrade in about 2 months. So my main hope is that this isn't a major engine problem.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: car dies after sharp turns....??????? (asianspeed)

Bad power steering pump.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car dies after sharp turns....??????? (beepy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beepy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bad power steering pump.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-06-2004, 03:58 PM

Default Re: car dies after sharp turns....??????? (Tchleung)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tchleung &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>
who needs power steering anyways
Old 12-06-2004, 03:58 PM

i had a issue with the car shuting off when i started it up when it was cold outside. I had to hold the pedal down till it warmed up. Stupid me i forgot that i bypassed my cold idle valve. Which opens up when its cold. and closes when its hot. Its what makes your car warm up by increasing the rpm's but as far as u stalling when u turn. POWER STREERING PUMP
Old 12-06-2004, 04:08 PM

Default Re: (TonyTurbolude)

out of curiosity, how does the power steering pump affect my inability to start my car and idle properly?

could the fluid just be low? or are we looking at a bad pump? I haven't checkd my fluid level for my ps yet. Just trying to narrow down my problem.

Thanks.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol. It's not the PS pump....... check connections on AFC, the map sensor wires speficically.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (asianspeed)

Really I dunno about the Map or something weirdly connected but May you give an Eye at fuel pump connection or, I know some car have a Fuel pump impact cut off switch, mean that with certain impact ( or left hard turn ) fuel pump will fail.
dunno... trowing suggestion...

Kranked.