Notices

MBC question?? Already searched!!! I need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBC question?? Already searched!!! I need help!!

Yesterday I put a turbo XS standard boost controller on my car. I have a drag turbo kit. I am using the delta gate that was supplied with the kit which has the 5-7 psi wastegate spring. I installed the boost controller and adjusted it just as the instructions tell you. Turn the adjustment screw all the way in and the back it out three turns, which is supposed to give you 1-2 more psi and a faster spool up. I took the car for a ride and the first time I floored it the boost went to over 15 pounds before I could let off. So I turned the adjuster screw all the way in and just cracked the screw from being all the way closed and it was still 12-13 psi. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be. I have the boost controller hooked up with the supply coming from why vacum manifold to my bost controller to the bottom port on the wastegate. I am stumped. I called turboXS and the kept asking me if it was installed correctly they where no help at all.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MBC question?? Already searched!!! I need help!! (boosted-delslow)

paragraphs are you friend. anyways like you said you broke something so no warranty for you.

to my knowledge, turning the screw in on most MBC's = more boost, so backing it out all the way should have been the best way to start, then gradually turning the ****/screw in to increase the boost.

are you sure the bottom port of the WG is the one you use? my buddy used the top one:~
Old 12-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MBC question?? Already searched!!! I need help!! (Turbo E 604)

lefty loosy, righty tighty...meaning unscrew for less boost, srew in for more boost. and from my experience the top fitting is the one you want to put the controller in line with (following the flow)
Old 12-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MBC question?? Already searched!!! I need help!! (Turbo E 604)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo E 604 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">paragraphs are you friend. anyways like you said you broke something so no warranty for you.

to my knowledge, turning the screw in on most MBC's = more boost, so backing it out all the way should have been the best way to start, then gradually turning the ****/screw in to increase the boost.

are you sure the bottom port of the WG is the one you use? my buddy used the top one:~</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didnt mean that I broke someting when i said I cracked the screw. I mean that I just opened it a little bit.

I thought that the top port was only for an electronic boost controller.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

stupid question (don't take offence), but is the MBC oriented the right way? If you hook it up backwards your wastegate will never open, but I'm guessing you know that already. Actually that's for my turboxs HPBC (ball & spring), not 100% if that's true for the regular MBC.

bottom port on wastegate =

when I did my engine swap I was so frikkin tired that when I put the MBC back in I put it in backwards, first test pull I hit about 15 psi - thank god I was watching the boost gauge like a hawk. turned it around and it was all better.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MBC question?? Already searched!!! I need help!! (notoriousB)

I checked my install like 10 times and the supply is going into the brass fitting and the bottom line is going to the wastegate. Do you guys think that a torn diaphram could cause this??
Old 12-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what are you using for the pressure source, manifold, fitting on turbo, down pipe?
Old 12-06-2004, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: MBC question?? Already searched!!! I need help!! (Syner-G-Racing)

Are you sure its a 5-7psi spring? The TurboXS MBC adjusts higher by turning the screw out (to the left). With the screw all the way tight, it should only work off the wastegate spring. Try taking the MBC out and see what happens.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MBC question?? Already searched!!! I need help!! (AzSi22)

I screwed the mbc all the way shut and still over 10 pounds before I can let off the gas.

I took the mbc out and am just running off the wastegate. I holds 6 psi all day long.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syner-G-Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are you using for the pressure source, manifold, fitting on turbo, down pipe? </TD></TR></TABLE>
I am using my vacum manifold as the source.