Notices

Can't find answer... JRSC oil help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find answer... JRSC oil help!!

Hi folks,
I searched and searched and searched over the net, even sent e-mails to Eaton et Jackson racing and no answers.

I have a JRSC D16y8 kit with the m45 supercharger that comes with it. I want to change the oil but I can't find any trustable source on what's the correct amount to fill in!! Some say 8 ounces (2 bottles), some say 8 oz. for the B16-B18 SC and 4 oz for the D16 since it's a little SC.

Can someone confirm the correct amount of oil for my m45?
Thanks a lot...!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can't find answer... JRSC oil help!!

Anybody?? please?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Call magnuson at 805 642 8833 tomorrow (PST) and ask I had the same issue with my m62 it is actually closer to 4 ounces but call them to confirm how much your m45 holds .I have seen again and again people say two bottles magnusson themselves told me that was to much and would cause snout seal issues .They are a major supplier / rebuilder for eaton blowers in the US .They will help ya out with the correct amount. http://www.magnusonproducts.com/
Old 03-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well did they tell you the correct amount or did you find out the correct amount for the m45 blower if so post it up !
Old 03-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

got this from another thread on the M45 hope it helps

Originally Posted by Spawne32
got what i needed directly from eaton

Your unit was actually built by Magnuson Products using all Eaton internal components and subassemblies. All Eaton superchargers (including aftermarket partner companies like Magnuson) use the same supercharger oil. It is called NYE 605 and can be purchased from any GM or Ford service parts distributor or dealership (usually known only as supercharger oil). The gasket between the 2 surfaces that will be broken when you disassemble it will also need to be replaced. You can use LocTite 510 (pink) liquid gasket for these 2 gaskets. Sometimes when you break the front cover seal, the seal between the next 2 surfaces stays intact and does not need replacement. That 2nd seal is only for air only so it’s less important.

You will have to remove the snout, drain the oil, replace the coupler, clean the seal surfaces with alcohol or some other solvent, let the surfaces dry, apply sealant around perimeter (make sure you go all around each bolt hole for a complete seal, and reassemble. Tighten and torque in a star type pattern. Re-fill with ~200ml of oil. This should be the amount that comes up to the threads on the oil hole when the supercharger is on a flat table.

Torque on front cover (snout) bolts = 24-30 N-m

Torque on oil plug = 7-14 N-m
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...percharger+oil
Old 03-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Magnuson themselves told me if its filled all the way up to the bottom of the threads its Overfilled and could have snout seal issues .Many others on here have told me to fill it to the threads also but I trust magnuson since they are the ones who rebuilt my m62 blower.I will say though i have filled my blower both ways up to the threads and did not have any issues and now since the rebuild it is filled per magnusons specs which is actually about 1/2 inch below the threads .It works just fine without issue .Hell now I am thinking about calling magnuson again myself lol
Old 03-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well according to that post that reply is from Eaton , so i guess it depends on the user to decide who's word they trust more , Eaton or Magnuson. lol I personally would just add 200mL of oil as stated since thats a bit more exact then saying the bottom of the threads lol
Old 03-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am going with what I was personally told by both magnuson products as well as Keith Taber who was with jackson racing since the begining .If you think about it the oil does need room to expand when it gets hot so overfilling could definitely cause issues with seals .
Old 03-17-2010, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For those who need an answer...I sent an e-mail to Magnuson products and the tech told me that my supercharger should hold 150 mL of oil.