Notices

Can I have some help w/ Turbo inspection and downpipe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I have some help w/ Turbo inspection and downpipe?

How do I check to see if a used turbo is good? This is going to be T25 or 14b units. I've heard of shaftplay and flowiness?? By the way, is the T25 and T3 4bolt/5bolt referring to the downpipe boltage or the boltage onto the manifold? Please help w/ my confusion!

By the way.. how do I check for shaftplay and what would happen if a turbo is "bad and in need of rebuild"?

[Modified by sNoOziN' EF8, 11:46 AM 2/14/2003]
Old 02-14-2003, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can I have some help w/ Turbo inspection and downpipe? (sNoOziN' EF8)

All you can do is make sure the blades aren't chipped and if the shaft moves in/out and side to side (it shouldn't move if it's in really good shape).

On the downpipe, you're talking about where the downpipe bolts to the turbo. I think all turbos use 4 bolts to attach to the manifold.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Can I have some help w/ Turbo inspection and downpipe? (Hatchblack)

Right on, thanks a lot. Any other pointers I could get about my t25 HF manifold SOHC diy yourself kit for my crx? I'm doing this mainly to piece it myself and learn more about boost bofore I swap back in an LS and external wastegate turbo that. I figured the SOHC is the cheapest of all honda motors that's descent and the LS is the cheapest complete swap on the B series family.