Notices

Burning oil for how longafter new turbo install

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning oil for how longafter new turbo install

K, so I just got my new turbo back from the company I bought it from. The previous turbo started leaking oil after about 60miles. The old one was leaking at the seals and then into my exhaust. Now that I got the new one on, does anybody have an idea of about how long it'll take for all that extra oil in my exhaust to be burned off? Like 100 miles? 50 miles? I'll also tell you that the old turbo leaked just about all my oil out of my motor in about the time it took to drive 60 miles. Hitting boost a few times. So there is a ton of it in there I know.
Anybody?
Old 07-08-2004, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Burning oil for how longafter new turbo install (j-robsDA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by j-robsDA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">K, so I just got my new turbo back from the company I bought it from. The previous turbo started leaking oil after about 60miles. The old one was leaking at the seals and then into my exhaust. Now that I got the new one on, does anybody have an idea of about how long it'll take for all that extra oil in my exhaust to be burned off? Like 100 miles? 50 miles? I'll also tell you that the old turbo leaked just about all my oil out of my motor in about the time it took to drive 60 miles. Hitting boost a few times. So there is a ton of it in there I know.
Anybody?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nobody can say. Its all going to depend. 100 miles sounds good. if its still burnign **** at 100 miles then u got issues. Just check yours oil a lot.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Burning oil for how longafter new turbo install (MachAF)

There are too many factors and these would only be guesses. A hundred sounds like a well rounded number, but in reality isnt based off of anything. Its going to smoke a lot in the beginning and then exponentially decrease.

Turn your car on, and let it run for a half hour, just ideling. Then when you start driving, check your oil very often the first 50 miles, like every ten miles, and make sure its not going anywhere.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Burning oil for how longafter new turbo install (integra-modder)

so almost everyone who has just installed a turbo will be buring off oil for about 100 miles. there is smoke coming from my manifold and out the exhaust pipe. why does it come out the exhaust pipe? i know my motor is perfect so im guessing the rebuilt turbo i bought sucks ***
Old 08-02-2005, 03:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Burning oil for how longafter new turbo install (j-robsDA)

Are you still loosing oil? Check your drian back/feed lines make sure your not slumped on the drain and stick with a -3 an feed. I had this problem a while back and blew my seals after a new rebuild. In my case my seals went bad from the -4 an feed line and possibly using the Z10 oil pump fitting, I'm going to look into changing that also when I'm back...

100 mile should of burnt all the oil in your exhaust.. This problem you have always sucks I see it on HT all the time...hope you get it worked out
Old 08-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Burning oil for how longafter new turbo install (Redwidow)

how can you tell what kind of oil lines i have? i dont know if its 3 or 4 AN.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:55 AM

i had the same problem, and i have been driving my car for a minute(dont know how many miles i have gone) and it still smokes. i am about to take my exhaust off and spray it off hopefully this works.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LSBOI)

ill just wait and keep you all posted