Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay clutch

has anybody used this clutch before, do u think it a good clutch
thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=WDVW
Old 06-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do some research and contact people the has sold the product to, ask them how the like it.

Nick
Old 06-24-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: (Sinner)

any other people
Old 06-24-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: ebay clutch (boostinteg777)

Looks like a good seller to me.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: ebay clutch (H-T)

my friend bought one of their six pucks, he loved it, all 71 miles he went before dropping a valve at about 8k or so he says..(b16) boom, he cant find #4 piston.

anyway he was still in the break in period. seemed to engage well and all.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay clutch (95cxh22a)

look in the homemadeturbo classifieds...one of the sticky topics...they have a clutch thats rated for more torque than that with the same price tag...
Old 08-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay clutch (95cxh22a)

Thanks for taking the time to post the review on the product. If your friend will continuingly keep us posted on the progress of this set, it would be greatly appreciated.

I think it is an admirable thing if he does so for the rest of us who are searching for "value"

We all know that exedy has an established brand name presence which comes with the added price. I wouldn't necessarily say that there products are better 100% unless a test was made side by side by some magazine. Remember that Road and Track rates cars on everything including price. So who knows, F1 or clutches like e-clutchmasters might come out on top after everything is said and done because of price with comparable performance.

Truth is we all dont know because not enough people are trying these clutches. I've seen a few bad reviews on the XTD and on the seller of that product with some questionable practices, so I'm staying away from those. Haven't heard anything bad on the F1's from Gripforce yet. Gripforce seems to have a solid reputation. More reviews will help when I decide to install a new clutch in the future.

As of now Im waiting on the reviews. I'm not for brandname unless they truly make superior products. But if products are identical with the same materials used, same bolts, with all things being equal; I don't see why we can't give a chance to the newcomers that are trying to compete at lower prices.

Remember that it is the only way that they can compete with new brands against established brands. Once they get good reviews, their suggested retail prices will go up and they are still allowed to sell at this original price through a "special sale price" pricing strategy.

Some of us are just value shoppers, like myself. It is not that we are cheap. Why pay more for brandname, when really in this case its performance and reliability that we are shopping for. These are performance parts, thats why we tend to forget the following: brandnames can charge more because of product status. product status is gained through a good product with marketing.

We will only know when more people try this product. Exedy has a huge edge now, so give it some more time. If my clutch starts slipping before more reviews come out, I will probably get an Exedy. More good reviews on F1, I will of course change my mind accordingly.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:25 AM

clutch has been installed, works good, grips right away, still breaking it in 400 miles to go, but seems good for now