Notices

bubbles seeping through my rad cap..

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bubbles seeping through my rad cap..

i was giving my car full throttle today in 3rd gear for about 3 seconds.. i pulled into my driveway to check my couplings because i just got a new one and i notice lots of lil bubbles pouring out from under my rad cap.. could this be symptons of a blown HG? it only happened today and its only happened once.. could a bad rad cap also be the problem? the reason i ask is this cap is old and doesnt seal very well, but i havent had any problems with it before.. also the car was not overheating, the resevoir was not full and boiling like my others have before with blown HG's.. i also tried to bleed the bubbles from my system with the car on and cap off.. the coolant level was a tad bit low so i added a lil bit of coolant to it and bubbles were present, but weren't flowing out like a valcano..

also i do alot of full throttle runs.. alot of times 1st-4th gear... this was just a quicky 3rd gear run.. so what do you guys think it could be? i haven't gone back out and driven the car yet so i dont know if its still doing it or not... thanks ahead of time..
Old 09-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: bubbles seeping through my rad cap.. (eli_vang)

I'd replace the cap first, cheap fix. Even with a blown HG it should bubble the overflow tank first before the car would do anything. Plus if the cap is seeping then you don't have a pressurized coolant system so it will overheat faster.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: bubbles seeping through my rad cap.. (nsxmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd replace the cap first, cheap fix. Even with a blown HG it should bubble the overflow tank first before the car would do anything. Plus if the cap is seeping then you don't have a pressurized coolant system so it will overheat faster.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea thats what was going to do.. any more thoughts? anyone?