Notices

brian crower vs. crower cams

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brian crower vs. crower cams

Im looking at building my ls head. I was going to go with Crower's turbo profile cam and there valvetrain. But then i stumbled across Brian Crowers turbo cam. After looking at both of there specs, it seems like the BC's might be a little more agressive. I dont really know much about cam specs. Can someone tell me what the difference is between the two?

Brian Crower
http://www.briancrower.com/mak...shtml

Crower
http://www.crower.com/cat/impo...shtml
Old 02-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brian crower vs. crower cams (boosted98acura)

Heh, loaded question.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: brian crower vs. crower cams (boosted98acura)

Well, I can tell you, that two customers of mine both purchased the BC cams at the recommendation of J. Evans. I don't personally have much experience with them, but according to what he's seen [Evans], they are the best set of off the shelf LS turbo cams out there. He's certainly has a valid opinion on the matter so...

Granted, like ^he said....it's a loaded question. You specific setup could want, or not react to certain cam profiles the same as the next guys. There are many variables involved, but I'd say that without getting into that the BC's are probably a better bet.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brian crower vs. crower cams (RC000E)

No, I was commenting on the Brian vs his family undercurrent to the question, although that isn't where he was going with it.

I PMed the OP my experiences. For the record I've had good results with both BC and Crower. I'm very interested in the BC LS cams based off the BC stage 2 turbo B-VTEC cam experiences I have had... and the Crower D-series cams (NA and turbo) are the only cams I'd drop money on for those engines. Ever seen a D16 make 295 whp at 11 psi?

Both are good companies who don't sell crap, beyond that I feel like changing the subject.