Notices

Boost With ALL MOTOR CAMS, Skunk Stage 2 +

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost With ALL MOTOR CAMS, Skunk Stage 2 +

Ok, i know this may seem like a weird question.
I just want to understand the full logic behind it.

How come when you run a big cam on a turbo car, it runs like poop.
Its not something i am trying to do, i just want someone to explain me how come the two cant mix. Please dont flame me, i just want to understand the physics behind it.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Boost With ALL MOTOR CAMS, Skunk Stage 2 + (Power Rev Racing)

Overlap and reversion causes the motor to make a bit less power and spool up slower than with a turbo cam.

Skunk2 Stage 2 cams are probably ground on a 107 or 108 LSA. On a pushrod motor you cannot change the LSA on cams. On a DOHC motor with seperate cams, you can. With cam gears you can change it so those stage2 cams are running on an effective 114, or 115 LSA, and they will make boatloads of power at high RPM's on a race car.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Boost With ALL MOTOR CAMS, Skunk Stage 2 + (b16coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Overlap and reversion causes the motor to make a bit less power and spool up slower than with a turbo cam.

Skunk2 Stage 2 cams are probably ground on a 107 or 108 LSA. On a pushrod motor you cannot change the LSA on cams. On a DOHC motor with seperate cams, you can. With cam gears you can change it so those stage2 cams are running on an effective 114, or 115 LSA, and they will make boatloads of power at high RPM's on a race car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the info. I got one question then. Have you ever heard of E-Ram. Its a electric supercharger that you put into your intake arm. It cost like $300. Its suppose to make 1 pound of boost. I am doing a H22 with Skunk Stage 2 cams, and i was thinking about putting that into the intake. Do you think i will lose performance, if i put that in the intake. Which creates 1 pound of boost.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:10 PM
official honda whore

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Power Rev Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks for the info. I got one question then. Have you ever heard of E-Ram. Its a electric supercharger that you put into your intake arm. It cost like $300. Its suppose to make 1 pound of boost. I am doing a H22 with Skunk Stage 2 cams, and i was thinking about putting that into the intake. Do you think i will lose performance, if i put that in the intake. Which creates 1 pound of boost.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you hafta be kidding me, if this some kind of joke, those "superchargers are junk and do dont **** for power
Old 01-18-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Boost With ALL MOTOR CAMS, Skunk Stage 2 + (coptzer)

have fun digging the plastic fins out of your engine when the supercharger comes apart
Old 01-18-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Boost With ALL MOTOR CAMS, Skunk Stage 2 + (LostSolVTEC)

I am not talking about the one called Tornado or any of those. I am actually talking about a electric one, that you have to hook up to a full throttle switch.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:44 PM
official honda whore

they all work under the same principle

and no it wont give you any noticable power, it will only give a chance for something to break and get into your motor

so stick with all motor and forget the gimmicks, or go all out and get a real charger or turbo
Old 01-18-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Boost With ALL MOTOR CAMS, Skunk Stage 2 + (coptzer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coptzer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they all work under the same principle

and no it wont give you any noticable power, it will only give a chance for something to break and get into your motor

so stick with all motor and forget the gimmicks, or go all out and get a real charger or turbo</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok thanks, i will not use it, i was just wondering. I could not use one anyways, because i am using a J's racing intake
Old 01-18-2005, 08:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Power Rev Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am not talking about the one called Tornado or any of those. I am actually talking about a electric one, that you have to hook up to a full throttle switch.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i was talking about the electric fan ones, a kid on superhonda had a buddy that got one and the first night he got on it, his motor decided to get hungry and ate the fins